Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where to get your ears pierced? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, me and my friend are looking to get both a second lobe piercing and a cartilage piercing, and we have been told to find a reputable, clean salon. Does anyone know any good suggestions ? There must be a store in London, preferably West London. Thanks

Btw, not Claire's please!!

ReputationRep:
    fortnum and masons? its reputable

ReputationRep:
    why not Claires?

ReputationRep:
    Go to a proper piercing studio, not somewhere crap like Claire's. A needle is much better than a piercing gun, especially for a cartilage piercing.
    http://www.compunction.org/guns.txt

As for good piercing studios, a piercer I love is apparently now working at the London Piercing Clinic in Croydon, not sure if they're only working a few days a week though, so maybe phone up and ask. Chioko in Camden also has a pretty good reputation. Cold Steel (also in Camden) has a bit of a hit-and-miss reputation but AFAIK they don't use guns.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Honey_89)
    why not Claires?
    Because your ears will drop off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honey_89)
    why not Claires?
    Cos:
    a) they probs don't do cartalidge piercings
    b) they use piercing guns rather than a needle that cannot be dis-infected properly. Plus you get a trained pro at a salon rather than a teenage girl (no offence :cool: )

ReputationRep:
    It's not in west London, but Chioko in Camden is awesome. Not too expensive either.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks !! Also, we're such wimps that we're a little scared about the pain. Is it really painful? Anyway to cut down the pain ?

ReputationRep:
    Definitely go somewhere that uses needles.

I saw a baby having her ears pierced in Claires at the weekend and it was awful .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liaandkate01)
    Thanks !! Also, we're such wimps that we're a little scared about the pain. Is it really painful? Anyway to cut down the pain ?
    Well someone is going to take something sharp and pointy and ran it through your ear. What do you think. Do some research before you decided to get a piercing that takes months to heal properly please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *River)
    Definitely go somewhere that uses needles.

I saw a baby having her ears pierced in Claires at the weekend and it was awful .
    I've had words with staff in Claires about that, i told them their practices were disgraceful and what they were doing as pretty much child abuse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    I've had words with staff in Claires about that, i told them their practices were disgraceful and what they were doing as pretty much child abuse.
    She can't have been more than about 4 months old and she was screaming . It should be company policy not to pierce little kids' ears.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *River)
    She can't have been more than about 4 months old and she was screaming . It should be company policy not to pierce little kids' ears.
    Especially with something dirty like a gun. Some people should be sterilised. You wouldn't tattoo a child.

ReputationRep:
    Omg, poor baby I got my ears done at Claire's when I was 8, to be fair I had no problems but they just pierced them and that was it, no leaflets/guides anything! Chioko sounds great
    Trigger, trust we've done our research but it's split. Some people say it doesn't hurt at all, some people say it's awful!

ReputationRep:
    I highly recommend Cold Steel in Camden.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pigwigeon)
    It's not in west London, but Chioko in Camden is awesome. Not too expensive either.

This. I got my neck pierced there 2 months ago, well worth it. Highly recommended OP.

ReputationRep:
    Omg, poor baby I got my ears done at Claire's when I was 8, to be fair I had no problems but they just pierced them and that was it, no leaflets/guides anything! Chioko sounds great
    Trigger, trust we've done our research but it's split. Some people say it doesn't hurt at all, some people say it's awful!
    Asking a bunch of people if it hurt isn't research! What after care are you going to give it for example? What size do you want it pierced at, what sort of material are you having it pierced with? It is going to hurt and anyone who says it didn't is full of BS.

ReputationRep:
    I got mine done at Claire's though should I really be admitting to such a thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    This. I got my neck pierced there 2 months ago, well worth it. Highly recommended OP.
    You have a nape piercing too?

ReputationRep:
    Used to have my cartilage pierced and the pain wasn't that bad. Not sure about the difference in pain with a needle, though. I stupidly got my mine done with a gun a few years ago before I knew how much better needles are. But yeah, it's not excruciatingly painful and you'll survive.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.