Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Recently (over the last 2 months or so) I seem to be experiencing this feeling almost every week at least, it's almost as if I've seen a lot of this phase of my life before it has occured, hence deja vu.

My problem is the frequency that it is occuring, before I'd experience it very occasionally but it's getting ridiculous now.

Does anyone actually know the reason for deja vu or why it'd be happening so often?

Thanks, I'm just a bit confused.

ReputationRep:
    It's probably just because you are doing roughly the same things every day, it can seem like you've done it all before, mostly because you have.

Just as a further point, my last experience of this was around 5 minutes ago when I clicked on a random question and got shivers down my spine when I realised that I had seen it all before, even though this was the first time I had actually seen it. The link dates the article as earlier today so there was no way I could have seen this, everything including the OP's name and sig were as I recalled, along with the first responder.

ReputationRep:
    Latest science suggests it's a mismatch between your memory recall and conscious state, have you changed sleeping patterns or are you stressed or doing anything differently lately?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OceanInTheSky)
    It's probably just because you are doing roughly the same things every day, it can seem like you've done it all before, mostly because you have.
    The thing is the deja vu that I get has nothing to do with my regular routine. It will be the small things that usually go unnoticed, an example being someone saying something that doesn't really have that much importance or maybe the way something was done.

It's hard to explain but recently I have become more convinced that life is planned and the 'choices' we make have already been made before we were born.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    Latest science suggests it's a mismatch between your memory recall and conscious state, have you changed sleeping patterns or are you stressed or doing anything differently lately?
    I may as well drop the 'anonymous'.

I have recently changed sleeping patterns many times. I went from a fairly conservative one where I'd sleep from 11/12pm (just before the holidays) to 7.30am, to 4pm to 1am ish. This was over the course of the Christmas holiday, and over the last year I've had many problems with my sleeping pattern and as such it has been extremely varied and changed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    I may as well drop the 'anonymous'.

I have recently changed sleeping patterns many times. I went from a fairly conservative one where I'd sleep from 11/12pm (just before the holidays) to 7.30am, to 4pm to 1am ish. This was over the course of the Christmas holiday, and over the last year I've had many problems with my sleeping pattern and as such it has been extremely varied and changed.
    Maybe it's the change in sleep patterns messing with your brain then. See what it's like after a while.

If it persists I think you may be Neo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    Maybe it's the change in sleep patterns messing with your brain then. See what it's like after a while.

If it persists I think you may be Neo.
    Neo? As in The Matrix right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    Neo? As in The Matrix right?
    Absolutely. He sees all in the Matrix world, so maybe your Deja Vu could advance or evolve into Neo's powers. Pretty cool right?

ReputationRep:
    I like Deja vu, i had it today when i was with my friends for like 15 mins, it was insane

ReputationRep:
    You're not alone. I get a sense of deja vu quite frequently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadiechantel)
    I like Deja vu, i had it today when i was with my friends for like 15 mins, it was insane
    Don't you find it really weird though? That moment when you realise that you've 'experienced' it before and you get that extremely weird feeling which I'll admit is quite cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by this-is-sparta)
    You're not alone. I get a sense of deja vu quite frequently.
    Glad that I'm not the only one on here who does, makes me think that it's normal.

ReputationRep:
    I get it quite a bit as well.
    Sometimes happens when I dream about something. Then a few weeks later i get deja vu and realise I have dreamt about the exact same situation.
    Freaky.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you're from the future, and when you travelled back in time you suffered a serious blow to the head and have amnesia. You're getting brief memory leaks which would account for the deja vu.

ReputationRep:
    I went through a period of about a month recently experiencing deja vu at least twice a day. It suddenly stopped one day and hasn't returned since. No idea what that was about.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.