Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Failed A-Levels, depressed watch

I think I failed all my unit 1 exams, failed maths & mechanics definetely; will fail further maths, too hard for me; failed general studies lack of time dedicated; failed RE (100% definetely, maybe U grade), and I'm only halfway through.

I told everyone I'd do well and I studied for all these exams well in advance but the A-grade and my PPE dream look well out of reach now.

I've lost all motivation to study for my other exam tommorrow, I've let everyone down, I've let myself down. And it's not like I didn't learn the content properly, I just panicked and messed up in each one of them, how? Long story.

I just can't see anything in resitting for me, I don't want to resit 1000 exams, the embarressment is too much, I don't want to see those results, I don't want to show them to my family. I just can't be arsed anymore.
    Got perfect GCSE's muck up by choosing all those hard subjects, scoring well below my expectations, I failed and I just can't take it.

Aww, :console: If it makes you feel better, I failed my A Levels in Year 12 too, and I'm now having to do new subjects. GCSEs are so much easier. Why are you not motivated? Depression? Or not doing the right subjects? Think about it, then see where you're going wrong and where to improve.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear this.
    Perhaps further education isn't for you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm preparing to fail History tomorrow :eek3:

OP, drop out, start over next year and pick subjects you'll enjoy and do well at?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know results were out this early.

ReputationRep:
    Don't give up son, you can do it, all is not lost, it just means you'll have loads of retakes in June so start revising proper early, say March.

You can do it! Sing with me! YOU CAN DO IT!! OWI OWI!! DO IT DO IT DO IT TO ME BABY!!

ReputationRep:
    sorry to hear, If you can find the motivation I am sure you will do well, but if you feel you cant, then it is not the end of the world, further education may not be for you, but if you put in 100% effort you will do great.

ReputationRep:
    i) You don't even know your results.
    ii) Everyone makes mistakes, intelligent people learn from mistakes.
    iii) Retake the ones you want to retake. I will probably have 13 + exams in may so stop complaining and get revising.
    iV) Exams aren't all the be all and end all. You will be surpirsed how much academics really matter in the big wild world, trust me.

ReputationRep:
    if you feel embarrassed about resitting the exams, then don't tell your friends about them. At the end of the day, it's your life and there is none of their businesses anyway.
    Never give up!!! You have 5 months till June to do everything over again, and it's more than enough

ReputationRep:
    Well there's nothing you can do now is there. Just get on with your next ******* exam. I got very good GCSEs then met a girl and let myself not focus enough on school work. Rammstein has now come on scuzz. I just suggest revising for tomorrow's exam and then realising you have 3 possible future sessions in which to resit before your entire A levels are over. I thought I failed most of my exams anyway and came out with an A in two of them (an E and a D in the other :P).

ReputationRep:
    Speaking as a 6 form ****-up I'll be the first to tell you it will work out fine.
    In AS I took Sociology, Art, English Language and Psychology (With Critical thinking being my key skill). I failed ALL of these apart from English Language which I don't totally suck at, and Critical thinking (E grade) I resat, chopped and changed before ultimately getting grades in Health and Social Care, Psychology and English Language and I'm going to University in September.
    As long as you get your head down and study the next time you'll be fine. The bonus is: You HAVEN'T let anyone else down instead of yourself, you don't even know what grades you have yet. And your family/friends will love you unconditionally, they'd be fools if they didn't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I think I failed all my unit 1 exams, failed maths & mechanics definetely; will fail further maths, too hard for me; failed general studies lack of time dedicated; failed RE (100% definetely, maybe U grade), and I'm only halfway through.

I told everyone I'd do well and I studied for all these exams well in advance but the A-grade and my PPE dream look well out of reach now.

I've lost all motivation to study for my other exam tommorrow, I've let everyone down, I've let myself down. And it's not like I didn't learn the content properly, I just panicked and messed up in each one of them, how? Long story.

I just can't see anything in resitting for me, I don't want to resit 1000 exams, the embarressment is too much, I don't want to see those results, I don't want to show them to my family. I just can't be arsed anymore.
    Got perfect GCSE's muck up by choosing all those hard subjects, scoring well below my expectations, I failed and I just can't take it.
    If you want to study PPE why not take the rest of the year off and gain loads of work experience and get a job and then go to college next year a study politics, philosophy, economics and then something else that interests you that isn't too hard? I dropped out of my first year because I realised I was taking all the wrong subjects!

ReputationRep:
    Just go masterbait, the whole night bound to release some pressure who've worked up :yep:

ReputationRep:
    kk listen
    i flopped as aswelll
    dont listen to people saying drop out
    do not give up!
    theres obviously a reason u did amazingly in your GCSES ur bright and obviously ur determined too becuase this has upset u that ur not working to ur ptoential
    u only have one shot at achieveing some great results and think about how amazing u felt when u got ur gcse grades remember that feeling when ur not motivated and itl help
    just retake, which there is nothing wrong with
    lie and tell people that u wana get ur module marks up to 90s instead of 80s, everyone retakes!!!! and for that reason
    and just do all these exams in june but start revising NOW

ReputationRep:
    As my grandma would say, don't borrow trouble.

Why the **** did you take f.maths anyway?! You don't need it for PPE.

ReputationRep:
    Don't give up and mope around. Trust me, work for your grades and they will come! Just practice, practice, practice!

ReputationRep:
    Trust dude, chin up and try your hardest, and if worst comes to worst, retake in june, or take a year out to consider things. I did after having a really ****** two years...and it worked

ReputationRep:
    take a year out and move college/sixth form and pick different subjects. start it all again

if not, re-sits are a god. honestly, i wouldnt have got into uni with out my resits!!

(Original post by Anonymous)

I'm going through the same thing now, i don't think i still have the urge to resit A- levels anymore. I'm scared to tell my parents about this too. What other options do i have?

I have a physical condition whereby my hand doesn't work properly and I cannot write very fast; I've been failing all my exams I've taken over the last week because even though I know all the answers, I can't write them down quick enough. I had economics today; multiple choice section, then a full question: part a=4,b=6,c=14,d=10,e=14. I got to part c. Out of 80 for the paper I have scored an absolute maximum of 42.

The same goes for politics; didn't finish either of the two essays. And history.

I was predicted A*A*A*A* am fluent in 5 languages and wanted to go to Oxford; now I will be a cashier girl at ASDA. What joy I have.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 24, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.