Turn on thread page Beta

Failed A-Levels, depressed watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have a physical condition whereby my hand doesn't work properly and I cannot write very fast; I've been failing all my exams I've taken over the last week because even though I know all the answers, I can't write them down quick enough. I had economics today; multiple choice section, then a full question: part a=4,b=6,c=14,d=10,e=14. I got to part c. Out of 80 for the paper I have scored an absolute maximum of 42.

The same goes for politics; didn't finish either of the two essays. And history.

I was predicted A*A*A*A* am fluent in 5 languages and wanted to go to Oxford; now I will be a cashier girl at ASDA. What joy I have.
    Have you tried claiming for extra time to finish your exam because of your condition? I've heard of it before but I've never needed it although others might. If there's anything putting you at a disadvantage to others you can talk with the teachers and organise additional time once everyone else is done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have a physical condition whereby my hand doesn't work properly and I cannot write very fast; I've been failing all my exams I've taken over the last week because even though I know all the answers, I can't write them down quick enough. I had economics today; multiple choice section, then a full question: part a=4,b=6,c=14,d=10,e=14. I got to part c. Out of 80 for the paper I have scored an absolute maximum of 42.

The same goes for politics; didn't finish either of the two essays. And history.

I was predicted A*A*A*A* am fluent in 5 languages and wanted to go to Oxford; now I will be a cashier girl at ASDA. What joy I have.
    As sympathetic as I am, there's nothing wrong with being a cashier at ASDA. Like the previous post said, you should be able to obtain extra time or use of a computer, although the exam boards have become increasingly strict. You should also make a point of having that highlighted in university references, as universities will accomidate this sort of thing and could grant some leniancy on grades. Good luck

I was in a similar position 6 years ago; resat 2 physics modules twice and the other once and changed my grade from an E to A, also resat a couple of chemistry and maths modules ending up with B and A respectively. Most people won't even notice that you're resitting and in a years time you'll probably never see them again anyway.
    I doubt you'll have failed general studies though, it's mostly real life knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    2 1/2 years old thread... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    In year 12 I didn't do particularly well in both Maths and Further Maths: c1 & c2 i got C's and M1 i got a U
    Further Maths: I got fp1-c s2-e d1-d . At that point I decided I will drop further Maths and economics because the main problem for me was the amount of stress and the lack of time I had.

I retook all my AS Maths xD C1-87% c2-unknown just done it but feeling ultra confident m1-76%
    Retaking Maths may embarrassing but the question is why, Maths ain't easy it requires work so don't feel sad about it, feel confident that you can approve especially when you can do the exams in Jan which will give you the boost of having some holidays Revision.

I failed AS maths, I retook and now im on 324 ums(includes S1-92%) which is an A. Resitting may feel sad and depressing but the more you do maths the easier it is and that has made my resits alot easier than before.

ReputationRep:
    oh no. don't say that. I feel as if i run out of time in every exam too.

but probably not as intelligent as you cuz i was never predicted a/a* or even B.

You have lots of opportunities.

ReputationRep:
    I bombed all of my A levels - only just scraping through and went on to get a first class degree in uni. It's definitely worth doing whatever it takes to pass college so you can get to uni and actually control your education a little more. If that means resits, just take it slow, one day at a time, and you'll get there.

College always put me off since it felt more like a constant conveyor belt of memory tests in whichever subject I took. Like an awful Generation Game.

If you CAN'T take your tests on par with the rest of the students, alert someone and they will let you have more time/special aids.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 24, 2014
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.