Do you print past papers and mark schemes off or just use them from your computer?

Watch
Poll: How do you use past papers and mark schemes?
Print both past paper and mark scheme (19)
22.09%
Print just the past paper (33)
38.37%
Print just the mark scheme (2)
2.33%
Don't print past paper or mark scheme (32)
37.21%
This discussion is closed.
LikeAStar
Badges: 1
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Tallon
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 12 years ago
seems like a waste of time and money by printing anything off if you ask me
-XxX-
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
i used to print them both when i did a levels last year. I hate revising on my laptop
susie_love
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
What Tallon said.
And I just use them from my computer.
Kuriso
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
I already have past paper booklets from sixth form and I just use the mark scheme on the internet, the only things I print off are inserts for D1.
amie05
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Does it matter really?
Chriz M
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Unless it is a write in the spaces style paper, I won't print anything. Save paper, and just easier. I find if you go full screen, you don't distract yourself as much as well!
03gshep
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
I used to not print them but now I do as I find it harder to focus if i have my laptop open in front of me.
Gelvis
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
I have printed copies of exam papers and use the marking schemes from my computer.
DaGianni
Report 12 years ago
Usually do all but the most recent (so now, for example, everything before Jan 09 and Jun 09) on the screen (full screen so as to avoid distractions), followed by printing off the two most recent papers (i.e. Jan and Jun 09) and doing them the day before the exam (find it quite a good way of preparing for exam). All papers done under exam conditions, with no checking of the mark scheme until I come to actually mark the paper.
Superman_Jr
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Print. School printing is free, so why not?
alfkin
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Gelvis)
I have printed copies of exam papers and use the marking schemes from my computer.
i do this too, we only do exams twice a year so its worth killing a few trees for
SunnyShine
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by -XxX-)
i used to print them both when i did a levels last year. I hate revising on my laptop
Ditto. My laptop is horrible to revise off of because there are so many distractions on the laptop, as well as the fact that you can't relax and revise with a laptop.
FrancesO
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
My desk isn't big enough to use the computer. :p: I have to take the monitor and keyboard off to do any writing, so it's much more convenient to have stuff printed.

Plus, the internet isn't there if it's on paper...
Phobia27
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Use them from the computer, and then use a piece of paper to answer the questions. Get the answers by reading from the computer too. Seems like such a waste of ink and paper, I had a friend who printed off every single past paper and mark scheme of every single exam of every single subject he did, wonder how many trees he went through.
rachxl
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
I print off past papers so I can take them to school/do them in the living room/do them in bed/wherever else I feel like revising :p: but I always use the markschemes online.
areyousure?
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
I print the paper and then get the Mark Scheme from the computer
Kmaster
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by 03gshep)
I used to not print them but now I do as I find it harder to focus if i have my laptop open in front of me.

Yh i find it hard to concentrate on comp aswell. But i still do it on comp lol. Printing it out is waste of paper if you think about it. this is what i do, open past paer use pdf, then open MS Word and type answers in ms word while going through the paper. Then after you finish go through the answers with the mark scheme. No PAPERS Wasted!

Regards, Kmaster
SuperMario88
Report 12 years ago
o please

will it really affect you that much

thss is really pointless
TheTallOne
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
If you don't print them off there's always that distraction of a) looking at the mark scheme while you're doing it and b) switching to another window and going off for 1 hour.

When I revised I printed out most past papers and did them in a quiet room. After each one I then mark them via the pdf file.

EDIT: Actually, I just thought, if you are doing essay like subjects, it may not be as important, but definitely for sciences/maths.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.13%
October 2021 (226)
44.75%
November 2021 (60)
11.88%
December 2021 (65)
12.87%
January 2021 (60)
11.88%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.51%