Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A convict on the run who taunted cops on Facebook -- becoming an Internet sensation in the process -- can update is status to "apprehended."

After almost four months on the lam, British prison escapee Craig "Lazie" Lynch was finally nabbed by Scotland Yard on Tuesday night, police say.

Following his Sept. 23 jailbreak from a minimum security facility in Suffolk, the 28-year-old convicted burglar repeatedly made mocking online posts accompanied by pictures of him enjoying life on the outside.

Among the online abuse he heaped on his pursuers was a special Christmas post in which he shared a photo of himself dressed in tinsel, holding a turkey with one hand and flipping the bird with another.

"If any of you was doubtin my freedom. Here's proof. How the f--- could i get my hands on a bird like this in jail. ha ha," he wrote. "YES YES i f----- made it to Xmas i beat their f--- system and i love it."

Among other shenanigans, Lynch also clued authorities in that he was going to take his "little princess" to a specific shopping mall to meet Santa, according to a report in London's Daily Mail. He later filed an update claiming to be roaming the mall and carrying a 4-foot plush Winnie the Pooh doll.

His audacious literal and figurative one-fingered salutes to the authorities drew over 40,000 people to his Facebook page and other fan sites. The cheeky antics also inspired a series of T-shirts and a tribute song.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...ok_while_.html

funny dude:p:

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, he escaped from a minimum security prison.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingers)
    To be fair, he escaped from a minimum security prison.
    Yep, plus his sentence was almost over.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 13, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.