Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok I have M1 this Friday. Having finished all the practice papers for edexcel (my maths exam board), I decided to have a go at some of the OCR ones. However I was shocked because it was so hard! Particularly a SUVAT question that required integration.

I have only ever been taught integration in core maths and have never been taught how to use it in applied maths. I was just wondering to anyone else sitting M1 on Friday for edexcel; have you ever been asked to solve a SUVAT question by integration or is it not necessary for edexcel!

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    No I haven't. Don't worry about it as all of the different exam boards do the same thing in different ways.

ReputationRep:
    For Edexcel, integration and velocity doesn't come in until M2. Just on a point of accuracy, questions involving integration will not mostly be appropriate for suvat since the acceleration will not be constant.

Have you really done all the 21 M1 papers that have happened between 2001 and 2009?

If so, look in the new M1 book if you can get hold of a copy and see whether there are any questions in the end of chapter exercises or review exercises that you haven't seen before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiny hobbit)
    For Edexcel, integration and velocity doesn't come in until M2. Just on a point of accuracy, questions involving integration will not mostly be appropriate for suvat since the acceleration will not be constant.

Have you really done all the 21 M1 papers that have happened between 2001 and 2009?

If so, look in the new M1 book if you can get hold of a copy and see whether there are any questions in the end of chapter exercises or review exercises that you haven't seen before.
    Thanks for the advice!

ReputationRep:
    It was horrible!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c0nfus3d)
    It was horrible!!
    The exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    The exam?
    Yes!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes!!!!!!!!!
    Were you doing Edexcel? I was I only found the pulley question hard.

There is a discussion thread somewhere, I just cba to find it, should be writing an essay :P

ReputationRep:
    Were you doing Edexcel? I was I only found the pulley question hard.

There is a discussion thread somewhere, I just cba to find it, should be writing an essay :P
    AQA

ReputationRep:
    AQA
    Ah right, well I'm sure you've done better than you think!

ReputationRep:
    Ah right, well I'm sure you've done better than you think!
    I hope! Aiming for an A, but the exam paper was terrible!
    Good luck to you!

ReputationRep:
    I hope! Aiming for an A, but the exam paper was terrible!
    Good luck to you!
    Cheers I was aiming for an A but realistically can't get it. I'd be happy with a B just means work my socks off for C3, C4 and S1 to get my A.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers I was aiming for an A but realistically can't get it. I'd be happy with a B just means work my socks off for C3, C4 and S1 to get my A.
    Me too. Imma retake :p:

ReputationRep:
    Me too. Imma retake :p:
    Don't think I'll have the heart to to be honest having done the exam twice before.

ReputationRep:
    Don't think I'll have the heart to to be honest having done the exam twice before.
    Ahhh! Don't worry! Keep me posted on your results? And I will do likewise!

Good Luck :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 19, 2010

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.