Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    Basically, i'm only in year 12 now, but will struggle to pay finances for Imperial if i go, but am looking into computing at the moment.
    Anyway, quite happy to get off my butt and get a part time job etc to get up some funds. Just wondered if any of you are/were in a similar position (at any uni)and what you would recommend to do from where i am now?
    Are there any sponsorship possiblilities?

Thanks All

Ben

ReputationRep:
    Your name is ben?
    I suggest you look for a job b4 you start uni so that it is a guratee money source when you enter.

ReputationRep:
    fair enough have looked into all that

ReputationRep:
    just why i love this forum, so much advice and experience!

Anyway, Tesco sounds good and i've thought about applying before, what sort of hours did you work cause i have alot of extra curricular the school is making accelerated students do in order to basically have a better looking UCAS form?

And oxbridge has always been a thought, not sure if i'd get in but i'd give it a good shot, but i want to stay in london preferably as my mum is moving to america when i go to uni and i won't have a home in this country to fall back on should i not fit in to uni life etc so i want to be somewhere i know already (or is that just a bit timid? )

Sounds like you've hit the jackpot with that summer placement, well done on making it all work for you and i wish you luck!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 18, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.