The Student Room Group

Why is being selective a bad thing?

Seriously, I don't know why everyone gets pissy everytime I say I refuse to date someone who isn't physique perfection or non-desi/arab

Would you expect someone who has a great passion for English Language [say Profesh ] to get with someone who couldn't spell/use grammar for ****?

Can you imagine the conversations, "It's you're, not your - apostrophise" ye .. well your a dick !!

I know, in advance I won't get along with whites [to the same degree], because I'm not white-washed enough, so why even bother?

"Love" isn't this amazing thing that can just overlook the annoyingness/dumbness of someone, you have to get along with them.

Scroll to see replies

Its not a bad thing necessarily however, having such great expectations reduce your options. For example, how many people have you met that have a 'perfect' physique?
Reply 2
Are you perfect Adonis?
I think it's more to do with you constantly criticising people who are fat and such like which gets on people's nerves.
Reply 4
Are you perfect Adonis?

d'uh
Reply 5
this-is-sparta
Its not a bad thing necessarily however, having such great expectations reduce your options. For example, how many people have you met that have a 'perfect' physique?

ok... there's been 5 that i've seen in real life who have a 100% perfect body

but loads of say 90% perfect.
:indiff: I'm sure you don't have to be 'white-washed' to get along with 'whites'.
You seriously over analyse too much hun. Stop thinking about who you will and won't connect with and just take every one for who they are not what they can potentially be. Crossing 'whites' off your list is just another way of limiting yourself and your possible future happiness.
Reply 8
Perhaps others read your posts differently to how you want them to understand them?. I may have said in one of your threads that you came across as being a tad shallow when you were talking about a girl you had your eye on, but as I said, thats how it appeared to me. Naturally in a relationship there has to be some common ground, something that you both have in common, in your case your ethnicity or maybe the health thing.We all have our own preferences when it comes to the opposite sex however.
Reply 9
Adonis

What the hell are you doing in Lagos? :woo:
Adonis is truly one international mofo.
Adonis
ok... there's been 5 that i've seen in real life who have a 100% perfect body

but loads of say 90% perfect.

Yet you didn't talk to them?

So would you date someone who was 90% perfect? 80% perfect? Where do you draw the line?
Reply 11
trixx
What the hell are you doing in Lagos?
Adonis is truly one international mofo.

NOLLYWOOOOOOOOOOD
Reply 12
You do realise by overlooking people who aren't perfection in your eyes, you're losing out on meeting fascinating people, even if it turns out you don't want a relationship with them you'll still have a good friend there. Personally, I would not overlook somebody because they weren't white or intelligent because I know that its always good to meet new people and everyone is interesting and unique.
Reply 13
this-is-sparta
Yet you didn't talk to them?

So would you date someone who was 90% perfect? 80% perfect? Where do you draw the line?

I did talk to them

& the line is quite simple really... it's a sliding scale, the more awesome her other qualities, the more i'll let slidee bodywise
Reply 14
white girls are mega hot though
Reply 15
Ilora-Danon
You seriously over analyse too much hun. Stop thinking about who you will and won't connect with and just take every one for who they are not what they can potentially be. Crossing 'whites' off your list is just another way of limiting yourself and your possible future happiness.

There are limitations there for a reason, I didn't just decide I shall cross them off my list for the sake of their lack of melanin it's mostly cultural
It's not a bad thing, although you'll just have to except finding the right person will take longer, have you actually gone out with many white people? Or have you just based what you have said purely on what you think?!
Reply 17
It's natural to want desirable traits in a partner, to produce genetically favourable offspring. Also, people want a partner with things in common generally.
Adonis
I did talk to them

& the line is quite simple really... it's a sliding scale, the more awesome her other qualities, the more i'll let slidee bodywise

Thats anything but simple. If you met someone who isn't up to your body standards, you won't get to find out about her 'other qualities'.
Reply 19
:troll:

Latest

Trending

Trending