Turn on thread page Beta

Why is being selective a bad thing? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rob Waddell)
    It's not a bad thing, although you'll just have to except finding the right person will take longer, have you actually gone out with many white people? Or have you just based what you have said purely on what you think?!
    does a 50% english girl and 25% irish girl count? I thought not.

and I just don't 'click' as well, and it's not just a preconvienced notion I won't ... I talk to them the same, but it's not quite the same.

ReputationRep:
    No comment adonis !
    You're still my african king :p:
    Your love for skinny people is well what you like and you are entitled to it!

In defence to adonis not talking to girls who are bigger than his preference....it's a lie ....He talks to me and im a size 12 :eek:
    Yea ..i used juju on him that's why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWulf)
    white girls are mega hot though
    This +1:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by this-is-sparta)
    Thats anything but simple. If you met someone who isn't up to your body standards, you won't get to find out about her 'other qualities'.
    Ah yes... but that lack of quality, would be staring at me all the time

Look .. I spend all day analysing physiques, so it's not going to escape my notice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayostunner)
    No comment adonis !
    You're still my african king http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/p.gif
    and you can be my princess of zamunda x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayostunner)
    No comment adonis !
    You're still my african king http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/p.gif

In defence to adonis not talking to girls who are bigger than his preference....it's a lie ....He talks to me and im a size 12 http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...milies/eek.gif
    Yea ..i used juju on him that's why
    lol ... don't tell them you are on my facebook and we speak/txt on the phone :ninja:

but seriously - I didn't mean .. I avoid size 12 people, I do talk etc .. but I'm like "ye !! never gonna happen" i.e. beyond friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    does a 50% english girl and 25% irish girl count? I thought not.

and I just don't 'click' as well, and it's not just a preconvienced notion I won't ... I talk to them the same, but it's not quite the same.
    Fair enough, each to their own I guess. Just stop moaning to people on here about it.

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes... but that lack of quality, would be staring at me all the time

Look .. I spend all day analysing physiques, so it's not going to escape my notice.
    Whilst on TSR? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    d'uh
    You can't date yourself though. Your physique is extreme which probably isn't perfect to the majority of women. So what are the chances you'll meet a women within that small bracket who will think your perfect as well? Unless your a hypocrit.

I don't think people have a problem with you selecting but its really extreme. Most people find many more people attractive. So by being like that you seem up yourself

ReputationRep:
    Whaaaat, I'm almost white!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Whaaaat, I'm almost white!
    my ex was the same mix as you (white/arab), so don't worry, Adonis. still got love for Bubbles x

ReputationRep:
    lol ... don't tell them you are on my facebook and we speak/txt on the phone :ninja:

but seriously - I didn't mean .. I avoid size 12 people, I do talk etc .. but I'm like "ye !! never gonna happen" i.e. beyond friends.

Yea you tell them adonis !
    It is physically and mentally impossible for you to date a girl that is beyond a size 8 !

SIZE 10,12,14 = BIG NO NO !
    KING ZAMUNDA NO LIKEY

ReputationRep:
    There are limitations there for a reason, I didn't just decide I shall cross them off my list for the sake of their lack of melanin it's mostly cultural
    I think it's sad that you'd cross off a whole culture of people because of your inability to relate to other cultures.... this is possibly to do with why you're still single.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7777777)
    You can't date yourself though. Your physique is extreme which probably isn't perfect to the majority of women. So what are the chances you'll meet a women within that small bracket who will think your perfect as well? Unless your a hypocrit.

I don't think people have a problem with you selecting but its really extreme. Most people find many more people attractive. So by being like that you seem up yourself
    I have met her actually, but she went AWOL [serious]

but put it this way - I'd rather wait for the Banana Split with sprinkles and syrup and big flashy sparklers than settle for vanilla.

ReputationRep:
    We can't tell you who you're attracted to, however you must also realise that one day you might meet someone who you thought you'd never get along with as they didn't fit your "ideal" and yet you're oddly attracted to them and then you end up together - if you're too limiting you may turn down the person that was actually right for you all along, but on face value you didn't realise it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I think it's sad that you'd cross off a whole culture of people because of your inability to relate to other cultures.... this is possibly to do with why you're still single.
    that and

* reclusiveness
    * my 'quirks'
    * a lot of muslim girls don't even bother dating
    etc...

but I'm cool with it.

ReputationRep:
    I have met her actually, but she went AWOL [serious]

but put it this way - I'd rather wait for the Banana Split with sprinkles and syrup and big flashy sparklers than settle for vanilla.
    Good luck :curious: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, your views will change once you're older. Life has a sense of humor.

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing wrong with being selective;
    but I'm aware you only go for girls you percieve as ''perfect'',
    you have to draw a line somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Adonis]Seriously, I don't know why everyone gets pissy everytime I say I refuse to date someone who isn't physique perfection or non-desi/arab
    [QUOTE]

Don't say it then.

When people say that they prefer strawberry yoghurt to raspberry yoghurt it doesn't get them labelled a yoghurt racist.

But when it comes to people, there's feelings involved.

And some people may start to wonder whether it goes beyond who you decide to have a relationship with. Whether it goes to who you are true friends with, who you would trust to employ to do a job etc.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.