Turn on thread page Beta

Are super skinny male models 'in' at the minute? watch

ReputationRep:
    I found this on a fashion forum but its about a year old now.

'Its not only Prada that uses skinny male models.Infact most high fashion designers use skinny boys. They are currently dominating the runways. Burberry,Jil Sander, Balenciaga, Raf Simmmons,Dior, Costume National,Lanvin, Fendi,Marc Jacobs and a plethora of others all prefer the skinny male models. The clothes just looks better on them.
    They are more edgy and interesting'

The reason I am asking this is because today I got approached by a talent scout who invited me to a photo test session. I am a male, 6 foot
    1/2 and am super skinny, (only weigh 120 pounds). I have never considered modelling and was think about body building with a long term goal of doubling my weight. However, now I am thinking about keeping the same size. People may think I am unhealthy, but I always eat 'till I'm full and eat healithily, used to be a cross country runner. I just have a small stomach.

ReputationRep:
    If they take you on then your agent will probably advise you.

And yes, it's true, high fashion designers like skinny guys these days.

ReputationRep:
    That's because certain cuts are the best for modelling clothes.

As for real life, you'll look like ****.

ReputationRep:
    Just look at what Hedi Slimane did with Dior Homme.

And look at current male models like Ash Stymest, Cole Mohr and Josh Beech.

ReputationRep:
    most of the fashion models right now(male and female) are skinny ,maybe because they are easily dressed than bulky one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BollywoodToBattersea)
    Just look at what Hedi Slimane did with Dior Homme.

And look at current male models like Ash Stymest, Cole Mohr and Josh Beech.
    I don't know about you, but I find it weird and gross. Not so much naturally skinny boys, but the way they shoot Cole Mohr etc so that all the angles on their bony lil bods stand out is bleurgh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holly Hiskey)
    I don't know about you, but I find it weird and gross. Not so much naturally skinny boys, but the way they shoot Cole Mohr etc so that all the angles on their bony lil bods stand out is bleurgh
    I'm not a fan of Cole Mohr and agree that some photos make being skinny look horrible, such as this one:

However I like this body:

ReputationRep:
    ^damn.. what i'd do that boney ass :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamkund)
    That's because certain cuts are the best for modelling clothes.

As for real life, you'll look like ****.
    I agree it looks horrible and the majority of people think this way. That's why I was going to bulk up. However I was looking at a fashion forum with pictures of really skinny male models and there were girls and models posting how they get turned on by it and the profile pics of these girls were so hot. If I could make a few super hot girls dig me then I wouldn't care about what the majority of the world thinks lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kratos90)
    I agree it looks horrible and the majority of people think this way. That's why I was going to bulk up. However I was looking at a fashion forum with pictures of really skinny male models and there were girls and models posting how they get turned on by it and the profile pics of these girls were so hot. If I could make a few super hot girls dig me then I wouldn't care about what the majority of the world thinks lol.
    Fair enough dude, if you have the body frame, then good luck to you.

Every body type is attractive to some people, so statistically you're not losing out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BollywoodToBattersea)
    I'm not a fan of Cole Mohr and agree that some photos make being skinny look horrible, such as this one:

However I like this body:

True, it's much better when the lighting's a bit softer, but it still scares me when boys are skinnier than I am!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.