Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm wondering what your favourite famous quote is? As I love hearing new ones! :gah:
    A lot I hear can generally make you feel better! :yep:

Like one of mine is -
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing you think you cannot do.- Eleanor Roosevelt

So what’s yours?

ReputationRep:
    nothing beaten QUI SERA SERA yet for me. sorry, i know its a typical one

threads been done before btw

ReputationRep:
    Where there is a will, there is always a way if not make one.

Another one I like is, don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive anyway :P

ReputationRep:
    Yippie-ki-yay ************.

or

Move *****, get out the way.

They both changed my life.

ReputationRep:
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
    - Dr Suess.

ReputationRep:
    "The best pace is suicide pace. And today is a good day to die." – Anon.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” – T.S. Eliot

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.” – Theodore Roosevelt

ReputationRep:
    one of my personal favourites is...

"Life is like a roller coaster ride, live it, be happy, enjoy life." :yep:

ReputationRep:
    "The only sensible way to live in this world is without rules"

ReputationRep:
    So many people miss the silver lining expecting gold

ReputationRep:
    Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. - Buddha

Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind. - Buddha

"Don't spam" - TSR mods :cyber:

ReputationRep:
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    - Winston Churchill

or,

"When I was young I observed that nine out of ten things I did were failures, so I did ten times more work"
    - Bernard Shaw.

They kind of fit me I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    "And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
    or
    "My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard"
    Both are works of philosophical genius.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not drunk, I'm still drinking

ReputationRep:
    Nobody dies a virgin, life screws us all :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awais590)
    one of my personal favourites is...

"Life is like a roller coaster ride, live it, be happy, enjoy life." :yep:

:borat:

ReputationRep:
    "The great masses of the people... will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one." - Adolf Hitler

"Words have the power to both destroy and heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our world." - The Buddha

ReputationRep:
    Good sex is like good bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.”

Favourite quote Completely unrelated to motivation or anything...just wanted to get involved as revision is murdering me

ReputationRep:
    "A witty saying proves nothing"- Voltaire.

ReputationRep:
    "The purpose of life is a life of purpose"

"Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time"

"A day without laughter is a day wasted" Charlie Chaplin

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." - When Harry Met Sally

"Temper's the one thing you can't get rid of by losing it." - Anger Management

"Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver."

...Basically just quoted my facebook favourite quotes section. xD

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.