The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I use to work as a Round Square charity promotion guy, and at schools giving out presentation I always used Gandhi's quote, "The best way to find yourself, is to lose yourself in the service of others"- AKA, do lots of charity work.
Reply 21
"Get busy living, or get busy dying.

I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain.

I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope." - Shawshank redemption

..I don't know but I just love this quote :love:
"**** happens. Get over it"
Lifes a bitch and than you die so f*** the world and lets get high!
Got to be a Buddhist saying:

"If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking".
KimberleyJane
I'm wondering what your favourite famous quote is? As I love hearing new ones! :gah:
A lot I hear can generally make you feel better! :yep:

Like one of mine is -
You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing you think you cannot do.- Eleanor Roosevelt

So what’s yours? :smile:

I take it you mean quotation?
A is for Awesome
"A witty saying proves nothing"- Voltaire.

Ha :biggrin:

_xAnonymous
Lifes a bitch and than you die so f*** the world and lets get high!

Profound :P
Reply 27
A motto of hussars "Amor patriae nostra lex" - love to homeland is our law.
"Of all the people in the world, the English have the least sense of the beauty of literature."

Good old Oscar Wilde. He came up with a ton, actually, you should just Google him and see what comes up. :wink:
Нет человека, нет проблемы - Сталин

No person, no problem - Stalin.
Reply 30
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own"- Adam Savage Mythbuster
Reply 31
"This Is Sparta!"
Reply 32
Failure to prepare? Prepare to fail.
Reply 33
"Only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to truly transcend your humanity" - Alucard
Reply 34
"I'm going to go into the woods and never come back and when i come back i'm gonna be the Knifemaster"

RIP Jimmy Sullivan <3
Reply 35
"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson.

I used it in one of my debates. :biggrin:

Also, "Up they went and down they came without their eyes" - Plato (I think), but for me in the context of Flowers For Algernon.
"One can live to be 100 if one gives up everything that makes you want to live that long."

Also

"Those who risk everything may not live very long, but those who risk nothing may not live at all."
&#8220;Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit.&#8221; - Oscar Wilde
Reply 38
Yah Trick Yahhhhhhhhhh

Also, the first 3 in my sig.
"Hold fast to dreams - For if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." - Langston Hughes

and

"Love costs all we are, and all we'll ever be. But it is only love that sets us free. A brave and startling truth." - Maya Angelou

and

"To fear love is to fear life; and those who fear life are already three parts dead." - Bertrand Russell

I love collecting quotations; I'm such a geek, I have a notebook somewhere full of them...

Latest

Trending

Trending