Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

OK - I've been going out with a guy for 5 weeks. It's a long distance relationship so I barely see him in person. Now I'm beginning to wonder about his sexuality.

He's very effeminate and crosses one leg over the other when he sits and I does a really camp wrist thing when he holds a mug of tea. He wears his mother's straw hat when he goes outside in the cold and talks for hours on the phone with his friend who is a guy.

One day when he wouldn't stop talking about his friend I snapped at him and asked him why he was telling me his friend's opinion constantly 'you're not him!' is what I said. I am not going out with a guy in order to hear his best mate's opinions on everything. He then got really upset and said 'how could you say that to me?'

Sexually he likes to finger my arse as a form of foreplay and the other day asked me if I had had/ liked anal sex.

So basically he obsessively talks about his male best friend all the time and is camp and wears his mother's hat/scarf a lot.. etc etc...

IS he gay..??

ReputationRep:
    Are you male?

ReputationRep:
    No.

(Original post by MSB)
    Are you male?
    Haha Noooooo!! I'm a female.. that's why I'm asking..

ReputationRep:
    I haven't read the OP, and I don't know your bf, but sure, why not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    OK - I've been going out with a guy for 5 weeks. It's a long distance relationship so I barely see him in person. Now I'm beginning to wonder about his sexuality.

He's very effeminate and crosses one leg over the other when he sits and I does a really camp wrist thing when he holds a mug of tea. He wears his mother's straw hat when he goes outside in the cold and talks for hours on the phone with his friend who is a guy.

One day when he wouldn't stop talking about his friend I snapped at him and asked him why he was telling me his friend's opinion constantly 'you're not him!' is what I said. I am not going out with a guy in order to hear his best mate's opinions on everything. He then got really upset and said 'how could you say that to me?'

Sexually he likes to finger my arse as a form of foreplay and the other day asked me if I had had/ liked anal sex.

So basically he obsessively talks about his male best friend all the time and is camp and wears his mother's hat/scarf a lot.. etc etc...

IS he gay..??

I'm going to have to say yes :p:
    Naaah, Im just kidding, why not just talk to him about it? :yep:

ReputationRep:
    not necessarily

ReputationRep:
    I'm just wondering how you hold a cup of tea homosexually.

ReputationRep:
    He has a girlfriend, crosses his legs occasionally, wears a hat and drinks tea in the cold, and has a friend he talks to a lot. That's a pretty clear-cut case; the bits about him having sex with a girl really underline your point, I think.

ReputationRep:
    He seems as straight as a wheel lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to break it to,but he is quite possibly is gay. I had a gay bf and your case is even more pronounced than mine. But anyway I would ask him straight!

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like you really need to speak to him. But just because he wants to give have anal sex doesn't mean he's gay. Otherwise a significant proportion of the male population are in serious trouble

ReputationRep:

IS he gay..??
    Going by that, he sounds like a right bender. Even if he isn't gay, what kind of poof would wear their mum's hat out? Especially a straw one. :lol:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Wait... wait just a second.. I can't quite get the psychic link-up with your boyfriend up and running.

Anal sex does not maketh a gay man. Having a close male friend != gay man. Wanting to be with a girl is usually a good enough indication that he wants to be with a girl.

ReputationRep:
    theres a guy in my class whos best friend bought him man uggs and he is camp as **** and hes not gay and his friends is deffinately not gay.

thers a teacher at my college who is camp as **** and nearly everyone believes hes gay but he got married in the summer and i saw his wife out of college with him. SHes HHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOTTTTTTTT!!

ReputationRep:
    u'll not know unless you talk to him.

ReputationRep:
    IS he gay..??
    Studies seem to suggest that effeminacy is derived from a child's upbringing and, although most cases see the boy develop forms of homosexuality or transsexualism there are cases were heterosexual males simply have effeminate tendencies due to their upbringing.

If your boyfriend is close to his mother and she was the prime influence in his upbringing it is entirely possible that her influence has helped develop some of his effeminate tendencies.

It's a long winded way of saying 'I don't know' but if it's seriously affecting your relationship then confront him with it.

I can't ask him! Last time I asked him why he talks about his best friend so much, he cried!

ReputationRep:
    I can't ask him! Last time I asked him why he talks about his best friend so much, he cried!
    That seems more of an indicator of him having the hots for his friend than anything else. :p: Unless of course, by "asked him" you mean shouted at and argued...

Maybe he's bi?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reflexive)
    I'm just wondering how you hold a cup of tea homosexually.
    haha, my thoughts exactly, i'm now holding a mug and trying to make it look camp, everytime i let my wrist go camp i spill tea!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 5, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.