Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm in a bit of a pickle.

my boyfriend isn't physically attractive at all. We click in terms of personality but in terms of looks, he's quite unfortunate.

I dunno what to do.

i used to think he was alright but now whenever i see his face i just think "why"

waht do i do?

ReputationRep:
    This is bad news...
    Why are you going out with him if you don't find atall attractive?

Also, how old is he? If he's still young he is bound to change/develop as he matures, although that is a long term thing.

ReputationRep:
    In the words of La Roux, you have to ask yourself, 'what is love without lust?'

I'd say nothing, therefore dump him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princesssweetpea)

This.

(Original post by Rob Waddell)
    This is bad news...
    Why are you going out with him if you don't find atall attractive?

Also, how old is he? If he's still young he is bound to change/develop as he matures, although that is a long term thing.
    at first i thought he was alright, and because i really like him personality wise i thought alright lets give this a shot...
    its just he has low self esteem neway and i dont want to upset him.

and yeh he's young, he's 18.

ReputationRep:
    I say go for it. as others have said, there's no point trying to drag out the relationship if you're honestly not attracted to him

worst case scenario, he's devastated and he kills himself and there's one less ugly person on the planet. really it's a win/win situation

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you just clone yourself and make the clone go out with him, then you don't have the burden and he still gets what he wants. Everybody wins

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princesssweetpea)

If you take life advice from La Roux, your life is over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    at first i thought he was alright, and because i really like him personality wise i thought alright lets give this a shot...
    its just he has low self esteem neway and i dont want to upset him.

and yeh he's young, he's 18.
    Well obviously I don't really know anything about you or your boyfirend, but if I were you I'd just end it, before things go any further.

(Original post by el scorcho)
    I say go for it. as others have said, there's no point trying to drag out the relationship if you're honestly not attracted to him

worst case scenario, he's devastated and he kills himself and there's one less ugly person on the planet. really it's a win/win situation
    haha i lolled

he's not fat.
    opposite really.
    also he's not got nice features and his hairs a bit..yeh.

ReputationRep:
    Dump him,
    it's not fair to keep going out with him if you just don't fancy him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrookedLegs)
    If you take life advice from La Roux, your life is over.
    Oh, Princesssweatpeas life is already over...Have you not seen her recent thread in HR?!

ReputationRep:
    don't go out with someone just because you think you by not doing so you might upset them.Have you had sex with him yet?After sometime I personaly stop noticing the appearance and concentrate on what's on the inside. Have you got a pic of him?

ReputationRep:
    Break up with him. I don't mean to sound shallow, but there's no point in being in a relationship without a bit of physical attraction. If you really liked him you'd be physically attracted to him on some level (and I'm sure someone will be in the future, you're just not the one for him). I think this is a case of two people who were never supposed to go out, you should have just been friends. Don't beat yourself up about it

ReputationRep:
    Ask him to wear a mask. All the time. Even in the shower. That will solve the problem and be really good for is self confidence

ReputationRep:
    don't go out with him just because you pity how he looks, if you get on really well together then just be good friends. A false relationship will do neither of you any good.

ReputationRep:
    Aw dump the poor guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    haha i lolled

he's not fat.
    opposite really.
    also he's not got nice features and his hairs a bit..yeh.
    How I picture him from what you have written so far:
    http://www.lindadang.com/wp-content/.../07/skinny.jpg

Was I close?

ReputationRep:
    Dump him.

If you aren't attracted to him, then don't stay with.

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't find my boyfriend attractive but I love him so much that it doesn't matter. If his personality and the way he makes you feel isn't compensating for his unpleasing appearance then theres something missing.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 13, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.