Turn on thread page Beta

Boyfriend isn't attactive watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rob Waddell)
    Oh, Princesssweatpeas life is already over...Have you not seen her recent thread in HR?!
    It's princessswEEtpea actually.

Knobhead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ijustlovetolearn)
    Well I don't find my boyfriend attractive but I love him so much that it doesn't matter. If his personality and the way he makes you feel isn't compensating for his unpleasing appearance then theres something missing.
    Are you serious? Does he know this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princesssweetpea)
    It's princessswEEtpea actually.

Knobhead.
    Oh sorry! Was just changing your name accordingly! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I've been in pretty much the same situation before.
    My ex and I sort of clicked personality-wise, but he was below-average in the looks department, to the point where I didn't actually like looking at him which is where I ended it. It's better to do that than lead him on thinking that you're really into him, and it'll be good for you both long-term. You know you can't be with him if you don't find him physically attractive really, so it's best to just end it as soon as possible. But let him down gently, don't say it's because he's ugly. I told mine that I liked us better as friends, which was true to an extent. Something along those lines? Good luck with it. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColdVein)
    Are you serious? Does he know this?
    Yes i'm serious! I've told him I don't like his body and I had to encourage him for a long time to work on it. Facially I think it would be cruel to randomly point out his ugly features so instead ill talk about his wonderful eyes etc. It would be awful to comment on something they can't change!

Not attractive? Send him here:
    http://www.weight-training-bench.com...ee_weights.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Yes i'm serious! I've told him I don't like his body and I had to encourage him for a long time to work on it. Facially I think it would be cruel to randomly point out his ugly features so instead ill talk about his wonderful eyes etc. It would be awful to comment on something they can't change!
    Why are you in a relationship with someone you don't find attractive? I don't mean to pry, it just seems so weird to me. Why not just be friends?

Why don't you tell him you don't have feelings for him, and would much prefer him as a friend.

ReputationRep:
    If your bf is ugly chances are you aren't too fresh yourself though.

ReputationRep:
    How a relationship can survive purely on 'personality' is beyond me. How do you sleep with someone you don't find physically attractive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm in a bit of a pickle.

my boyfriend isn't physically attractive at all. We click in terms of personality but in terms of looks, he's quite unfortunate.

I dunno what to do.

i used to think he was alright but now whenever i see his face i just think "why"

waht do i do?
    Put a bag over his head, and then riiiiiiide that s*** like a rodeo horse :perv:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    How a relationship can survive purely on 'personality' is beyond me. How do you sleep with someone you don't find physically attractive?
    As father jack would say "Drrrinnkk!"

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't find my boyfriend attractive but I love him so much that it doesn't matter. If his personality and the way he makes you feel isn't compensating for his unpleasing appearance then theres something missing.
    This!
    Many guys I've previously liked probably wern't physically attractive in a general sense (as in for girls generally) but when I liked them I found everything about him attractive. I'd look at him all day if I liked someone regardless of their looks

ReputationRep:
    I would laugh if you break up with him and he gets a hotter gf than you. And then you find nobody. Then you cry yourself to sleep every night. That amuses me.

ReputationRep:
    Give him the LJBF speech.

It’s rare that the real problem is if he’s attractive (in my opinion). Is it possible that you don’t feel attracted to him due to his lack of self confidence? A little too clingy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColdVein)
    Why are you in a relationship with someone you don't find attractive? I don't mean to pry, it just seems so weird to me. Why not just be friends?
    I'd never have sex with someone who i'm not attracted to just for the sake of it, but a relationship gives you so much more. He is the perfect boyfriend, and I know this from years of having my friends asking me for advice about theirs. Guys like him don't come along often. To dump him purely on the basis that I could easily have sex with much more attractive guys would be so shallow. When you love someone, properly, any physical feature they have you like, because its part of their face even if you'd prefer it to be better. Just seeing a picture of him makes me smile. Its a different kind of attraction that not everyone will be able to understand or feel.

since when do girls go out with guys they dont find attractive??? this is blowing my mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrookedLegs)
    If you take life advice from La Roux, your life is over.
    Dude no wayy ! Elly Jackson ( La Roux's singer ) is fit as **** and really rather talented.

OP - Dump him but don't tell him it's due to his looks. Think of something else , perhaps that just don't feel the same anymore because you've changed as a person . That way the 'fault' lies with you , and he won't feel so bad hopefully . Hope that's helpful (y)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarubobo28)
    This!
    Many guys I've previously liked probably wern't physically attractive in a general sense (as in for girls generally) but when I liked them I found everything about him attractive. I'd look at him all day if I liked someone regardless of their looks
    Exactly. I've genuinely have never wanted to date someone for their looks! I can't understand it! If that person is going to be my boyfriend they're going to be my best friend too, so I could never break up a relationship based on looks.

hmmmyeh no i dunno

i wont dump him, i like him too much.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 13, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.