Turn on thread page Beta

Boyfriend isn't attactive watch

ReputationRep:
    you have to break up with him because there is no point in putting it off, it will only end in tears anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    since when do girls go out with guys they dont find attractive??? this is blowing my mind
    well i personally think that personality is much more important than looks...coz like someone else said if u truely love them then everything about them seems attractive. Looks count a bit...not only a small bit compared to the personality

"A personality can make the hottest guy ugly"

ReputationRep:
    Your boyfriend doesn't have to be conventionally attractive, or attractive to the masses (I say this as for a lot of people, they may be embarrassed about how their partner looks to others, but are content with those features themselves). However, it's almost vitally important in my opinion that you find him attractive. For a healthy relationship, I think it's important to click both mentally and physically. You obviously click mentally very well, but physically not at all - if you're happy with this, that's ok, as everyone's priorities are different, but you're obviously not from what you've said. I think you should do what makes you happiest OP, but do take the advice from people on this forum, as many of them (although not all/most) have been through similar experiences and can help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrookedLegs)
    If you take life advice from La Roux, your life is over.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrookedLegs)
    If you take life advice from La Roux, your life is over.
    Exactly, who takes advice from gingers.

*neg repped neg repped neg repped*

ReputationRep:
    harshhhhhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    Put a paper bag over his head when you shag him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by av2606)
    waht do you do?
    Good Sir, your obnoxious reply deserves my rep.

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't know anyone who is attactive. Wait...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by el scorcho)
    I say go for it. as others have said, there's no point trying to drag out the relationship if you're honestly not attracted to him

worst case scenario, he's devastated and he kills himself and there's one less ugly person on the planet. really it's a win/win situation
    NOT GUNNA LIE I TOTALLY LAUGHED.

And yeh OP if hes THAT bad then dump him for a newer model.

(Original post by ijustlovetolearn)
    Exactly. I've genuinely have never wanted to date someone for their looks! I can't understand it! If that person is going to be my boyfriend they're going to be my best friend too, so I could never break up a relationship based on looks.
    not sure if i agree with that or not. one unbearably gorgeous guy tried it on with me (probably just to pass the time) and i turned him down because he's generally known to be a complete arse to girls. but on the other hand i was incredibly in love with this one guy for a long time but nothing happened because there was just no physical attraction there (in either direction).
    balance is the key.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by el scorcho)
    I say go for it. as others have said, there's no point trying to drag out the relationship if you're honestly not attracted to him

worst case scenario, he's devastated and he kills himself and there's one less ugly person on the planet. really it's a win/win situation
    I lolled.

Yeah, you're going to have to dump him.

but he's so niice

i dunno how i could do it to him.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a bit of a pickle.

my boyfriend isn't physically attractive at all. We click in terms of personality but in terms of looks, he's quite unfortunate.

I dunno what to do.

i used to think he was alright but now whenever i see his face i just think "why"

waht do i do?
    6''2 musclar build. Hi there
    (profile pic not me obvs)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ijustlovetolearn)
    Yes i'm serious! I've told him I don't like his body and I had to encourage him for a long time to work on it. Facially I think it would be cruel to randomly point out his ugly features so instead ill talk about his wonderful eyes etc. It would be awful to comment on something they can't change!
    I find that bizarre, whenever I have really liked someone I have always found them physically attractive too...

Very odd indeed.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Dump him, it's not going to work. I've been in this exact situation several times and each time I've told myself that I'm not that shallow and I should overlook the physical and focus on what we have in common, and every time it's got to the point where I just cannot stand them any longer. Trust me on this.

ReputationRep:
    I've been in this position. Not good :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atheistwithfaith)
    I find that bizarre, whenever I have really liked someone I have always found them physically attractive too...

Very odd indeed.
    I'm a personality person. When I think back to the guys i've had crushes on they've never been good looking. However when it came to ONSs or lusting after someone they were always incredibly hot.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a bit of a pickle.

my boyfriend isn't physically attractive at all. We click in terms of personality but in terms of looks, he's quite unfortunate.

I dunno what to do.

i used to think he was alright but now whenever i see his face i just think "why"

waht do i do?
    Hi Anon.

I personally think shallowness is a bad thing. However, it would be stupid to deny the fact that we humans do care about other peoples looks. I try not to but I do. No matter how well you click together on personality, you do not want to be stuck with a guy you are not attracted to. It's not his fault, it's not your fault, that is just the way it is.

Tbh I would get out of there ASAP. The longer you stay, the more painful it will be when you split up.
    I would use some tact when doing this, something I am bad at. I'm not sure which would be worse, telling him you break up with him because he is ugly, or making up a lie.

I think the lie might be better for his feelings, as there is nothing he can do about his looks. Poor guy as I'm sure you will agree.

Break it off.

Hope this helps

goodluck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 13, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.