Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

People with no Plan B are more likely to be.... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paniking_and_not_revising)
    I'm also thinking about dropping Plan Law. SO much work and I just can't be arsed.

Preparing for Plan A? I write. And I read. Not much really. I've got about 40 novel beginnings right now but no complete novel.

Journalism could get you on the publishing ladder.
    Lol, I was much the same regarding the lack of arsed-ness concerning law .
    Good luck with the writing and yes, maybe I could get into it through journalism :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Ideally, achievement of plan B should be a prerequisite of plan A.

ReputationRep:
    People without a Plan B will soon have oen if Plan A fails.

Having a Plan B doesnt necessarily mean you are less likely to persevere.

I didn't have a plan B (career wise). Plan A failed but was probably the best thing that ever happened to me.

ReputationRep:
    What happened to Plan C?

ReputationRep:
    I have to yet to find a plan A. Although at the same time why the hell do you need a plan anyway? I did a degree I found easy because I didnt know what I wanted to do, now im graduating and had planned to go to Aus because I didnt know what career I wanted. Found a cool job t'other day which im applying for, if I get that then stay here, if I dont then go for a gap year. Something will turn up, it always does.

I'd say successful. I'd hate not to have a plan B, because if plan A turned out to be impossible, then I'd be lost.
    Therefore I always make sure I have plan B when it comes to important things.
    For example, I want to do medicine. Plan A - undergraduate route -- Plan B - postgraduate/transfer route. Both have the same outcome (i.e. me getting into med school), so I don't think I would have many regrets if I did plan B tbh

ReputationRep:
    That's my kind of style. When all else fail, I still have a back up plan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    Lol, I was much the same regarding the lack of arsed-ness concerning law .
    Good luck with the writing and yes, maybe I could get into it through journalism :yep:
    Thanks! Good luck with journalism! (You could try writing a blog)

ReputationRep:
    I had a plan B. It was working at Tesco.
    I love my plan B, and may seen get to enact "Plan B".

ReputationRep:
    I always have only plan A because I have precise and clear goals in life. I don't need substitutes :p:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.