The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I went to 2 interviews when i applied and they where both very different!

On both I had an english and maths assessment but the actual interviews where different!

On one we had a group interview, where we where just asked questions like what we thought the role of a nurse was. Another question was just about what you'd do if say a pregnant woman came to see you and she was a smoker.

The other interview was similar in them asking about what the role of a nurse was, why i wanted to be a nurse and things like that but it was one on one with someone from the uni.

To be honest, neither where very formal, they where both very friendly and it was a lot easier than i thought!
Reply 2
You will be fine ! :biggrin:

I've had 3 interviews and was nervous in all of them. Its normal to be nervous, they expect it. Just try and concentrate about what your saying and make it come across how keep you are to start nursing!

and prepare well! write out a list of questions and answers & research current nursing issues.

Good Luck :smile:
Reply 3
melsney21
I have an interview to study a nursing degree at Bedfordshire uni, on the 5th of Feb. I'm really nervous about the whole thing. I was wondering if anyone who has already had an interview for nursing would be able to help me out a bit. It would really help me confidence wise, if i knew what sort of questions i might get asked in the interview. :smile:

Please don't worry - be yourself, their questions aren't hard and you'd only give the wrong sort of answers if you were totally unsuited to nursing anyhow - really simple stuff when I went there - why nursing, what makes a good nurse etc - no right or wrong and no one really gets rejected much...
Good luck!
Becky
Reply 4
I've just had an interview for a nursing degree yesterday.. It really wasn't as bad as i thought it would be, i was interviewed by 3 women (who 2 of which were nurses) and they were all really friendly :smile:
They asked me obvious questions like, "why do you want to be a nurse?", "what do you think is the everyday role of a nurse" and "what qualities does a nurse need to have"
Then one of the women asked me a situation question, "you're in charge of a drugs tray and theres a man who's been in a motorbike accident who can't get out of bed and needs the toilet. there's also a confused elderly man wandering about. what would you do?"
And then i got asked "how does your current part time job give you skills which you could bring to nursing" and "when you were studying for your a-levels, what skills did you learn that you could also bring to nursing?"
As long as your confident, friendly and show them you really want it, you'll be fine :smile: ... Sorry its such a long reply !! x

Latest