Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Created this so anyone with queries can whack them on here, and when the exam does pass there can be just the one thread =]

REMEMBER:
    NO EXAM DISCUSSION TILL 0000 GMT OF THE 20TH OF JAN 2010!

Good Luck xx

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else doing this ?

Last June was really hard, so I guess it would be tough to make Jan's paper much harder

S1 was pretty easy this Jan so hopefully S2 will be too

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the Jan 2010 S1 paper by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bmehta123)
    Does anyone have the Jan 2010 S1 paper by any chance?
    www.mathspapers.co.uk

Does anybody know if the 2003 papers are the same syllabus?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure mate. I have tried one paper from 2004 and there were questions in their I've never seen before.

This may be because they were just different or because it was from a different syllabus

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone explain part E here for me ?

A = 1/4 B = 1

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    right back to 2002 are the same syllabus. TBH it doesnt seem that hard, im doing jan 2009 now, just they throw in the odd question here and there where you just gotta use common sense, and sometimes its just plain puzzling.

If you want a rediculous paper do jan 2005 lol, its nothing like any of the others and is really hard

If itsh ard it will get UMS'd up, so its fine either way =P

ReputationRep:
    im doing this tomorrow, i really want at least a B

ReputationRep:
    is this in the morning or afternoon

ReputationRep:
    It is in the morning.

Also does anyone know where I can get the June 09 Paper?? Please?!1
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing this tomorrow. Not under too much pressure since it doesn't count towards the A* or anything, but hoping for at least 90. Although as long as I get an A I'll be happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by racshot65)
    Can anyone explain part E here for me ?

A = 1/4 B = 1

Thanks
    The IQR is the upper quaritle - lower quartile, thus it should contain 50% of data, thus the probability of the IQR is 0.5, but because 2 - standard deviation is outside the range of the IQR, as the value is lower than the lower quartile found, its probability would greater than 0.5 because it the entire range is greater than the IQR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ram92)
    It is in the morning.

Also does anyone know where I can get the June 09 Paper?? Please?!1
    Thanks

Link

ReputationRep:
    ill be doing this paper tomorrow: i need to get 88/100 ums to get my much needed A in further maths... for me it is very achievable so long as there are not too many "way-off-topic" questions lol.
    still im a little nervous!

ReputationRep:
    If you have a CDF with two functions how do you choose which to derive the median and quartiles from ?

ReputationRep:
    If you have a CDF with two functions how do you choose which to derive the median and quartiles from ?
    i would like to know this as well, i think you can choose , i always use the simpler function out of the two

ReputationRep:
    well u can always intergrate the first function into a PDF and see wot value it gives at its limits, then from there u'll know where the median and quartiles lies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milliondollarcorpse)
    I'm doing this tomorrow. Not under too much pressure since it doesn't count towards the A* or anything, but hoping for at least 90. Although as long as I get an A I'll be happy.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but these are the rules for an A* in further maths:
    480/600 overall
    Aggregate of 270/300 in any 3 A2 units.

S2 qualifies as an A2 unit so CAN count towards the A*.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by talha3)
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but these are the rules for an A* in further maths:
    480/600 overall
    Aggregate of 270/300 in any 3 A2 units.

S2 qualifies as an A2 unit so CAN count towards the A*.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but S2 is for my normal maths A-level :p:

ReputationRep:
    For the median: if the range for the first function is 2<x<4 and for the second function 4<x<6. Plug in x=4 into the first function and if it's higher than 0.5 the median must be in the first function, and if it's lower than 0.5 it must be in the second function. Same applies for the quartiles.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.