The Student Room Group

Metaphor Suggestions PLEEASE!

Im trying to come up with a good metaphor to put in a peice of creative writing im doing buut so far ive not thought of anything! So if anyone has any suggestions would be a great help!! thanks :biggrin:

Ok, so this character is a woman who is having an affair and a letter is on a table containing details about the afair. Her husband comes in the bedroom so she has to leave the letter be and try to act normally. So ive got..

From the husbands point of view by the way.

"Upon her dressing table I had noticed a letter amongst my wife’s belongings. Her eye’s darted from the letter to my eyes like a "....."

and thats the bit i can't quite get! So if anyones good at these. PLEEEEEASE! thanks!! xxx
Reply 1
Why do you need a metaphor there at all? It seems fine without it.
Reply 2
You cant come up with anything by yourself?!

Not sure if there is a metaphor that fits well in this spot, how about

"Upon my wife's dressing table, among her belongings, I noticed a letter. Her gaze darted from the letter to my eyes and, at that moment, I knew something was different... or and she seemed uncharacteristically...

Maybe rubbish, ive never done creative writing but im bored so there's a couple of suggestions! I cant see a great metaphor for that particular place, rephrase it if you desperately want a metaphor.

Latest

Trending

Trending