Turn on thread page Beta

Just curious, Where, when, + what length was your holiday + how much did it cost? watch

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for the +s... I ran out of space!

I'm budgeting a trip for South America, though also considering Japan and South East Asia, and wanting to compare my travels to other people's in terms of budgeting. Last time I went to India it cost £4000 for three of us together, but that was for a month and NOT living on a budget, ie. staying in good hotels and doing tours etc. I realize I could, and will again easily do a much cheaper trip, as I'm less scared about eating cheap food and staying in hostels/going on dodgy trains/buses etc.

I'm planning to go for 2 months to Peru and Brazil, wanting to see the amazon, rio de janeiro, go on the inca trail, and see some places like el salvador, quito, manaus, ihrs Grandes.

If you can remember, please tell me anywhere you went, the time period you stayed there, any tours you went on or days out, the cost of everything, including the type of accommodation you stayed in and range of restaurants you went to, flights, internal flights, buses, trains, anything!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I spent 3.5 months in China/HK/SE Asia, it cost be about £4500 including flights - but not on a budget. Seven weeks in Africa cost me about £1500, again not on a budget.

ReputationRep:
    I spent 5 weeks in Peru, did it incredibly cheaply... can't remember exact figures but if you wanna be on a budget you can stay in (rubbish) hotels for a few pounds a night. Last year i went to Thailand for 3 weeks, cost about £2500, but then I was in a 5* hotel for the whole holiday...

ReputationRep:
    I spent about 3.5 weeks in japan cost me about 2000 in august but my brother paid for most of my flight because we flew buisness class, we booked all our hotels (probably about 7-8 in total) except first + last hotels while we were there on expedia so you could budget with that. we also wernt partiuraly budget, ie kobe beef, which is a nessesity to try actualy in kobe, melted in my mouth.....
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    6 weeks in thailand was £550 plus £550 flight, not on a budget but always taking the cheaper options. I gather South America is a bit more expensive though.

ReputationRep:
    Spent 3 months in thailand, cost about £3500, including flights and about £1500 was on dive course and equipment

ReputationRep:
    thanks, useful answers so far

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.