The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
I Have No Imagination
Yeah same but I did like Calcium (|) hydroxide and that..I think I've done it wrong.

Hmm...I dont think it is calcium (l) its calcium (ll) although I just put calcium :confused: hopefully theyre a bit lenient on that.

The prerelease questions were definitely the hardest!

What did you put for the reagant one that I have mentioned above?
Presidential
same with me lol, when I got my paper back from last year I was shock at my mistakes. This time I finished early and went back to check. My all time favorite question was the one asking about a reaction mechanism with curly arrows, I simply loved it lol

that was a generous 6 marks i believe?
Reply 182
no not advanced notice it was earlier than that cant remember the number thoo sorry :frown:

but out of curiosity now youve mentioned it, what did you get for the advance notice equation? :smile:
Haz Shah
Ozone mentained because of the O radicals? O2 + O -> O3 .. I think

And also, I put down Yes, as it showed similar trends from last 20,000 years.. However there was a decrease in Temperature by 1 degree at the end..

:lolwut: too much detail! It was only 2 marks.
1st mark: Yes/No
2nd mark: One little sentence why yes/no.

Kind of minor for the 'last question of the paper'. :s-smilie:
HotCoco.
I had 2 mins to check! :cry2:

Dont worry, I only checked the mathsy bits, never got time to check the entire paper as I finished just about 2-3 mins before time ran out. Probably because I was checking stuff while doing them. But nonetheless, that paper is MASSIVE, no way I would be able to check the whole paper in 2 mins, so I just went for the flick through.
Haz Shah
Ozone mentained because of the O radicals? O2 + O -> O3 .. I think

And also, I put down Yes, as it showed similar trends from last 20,000 years.. However there was a decrease in Temperature by 1 degree at the end..

oh I think i might have got the ozone one right then, but I think I messed up the Uv wavelenght values.
Dem Chem
no not advanced notice it was earlier than that cant remember the number thoo sorry :frown:

but out of curiosity now youve mentioned it, what did you get for the advance notice equation? :smile:

I can't remember what reaction and reagent you're talking about.

Err for the advance one I really wasn't sure on this I got 3HCO- + Al3+ + H2 ----> Al(oh)3 + 3H2O

Something along those lines.
HotCoco.
:lolwut: too much detail! It was only 2 marks.
1st mark: Yes/No
2nd mark: One little sentence why yes/no.

Kind of minor for the 'last question of the paper'. :s-smilie:

But the question just before was a 5 marker which was beautiful, very open ended.

And yes, the 2 questions that I loved were the bromomethane one and the other one where they told us to do a mechanism, I just went for the easy nucleophillic substitution of OH- into chloroethane. I was literally like this-:woo:
Presidential
oh I think i might have got the ozone one right then, but I think I messed up the Uv wavelenght values.

Wouldn't worry too much, it doesn't require the value of the UV, as long as its implied that it's dangerous or threatening.
Unknown111
But the question just before was a 5 marker which was beautiful, very open ended.

And yes, the 2 questions that I loved were the bromomethane one and the other one where they told us to do a mechanism, I just went for the easy nucleophillic substitution of OH- into chloroethane. I was literally like this-:woo:

Halogenation of an alkene: electrophilic addition! :w00t:
AnthonyShock
Wouldn't worry too much, it doesn't require the value of the UV, as long as its implied that it's dangerous or threatening.

In the OCR book issued by the school they didn't mention UV values, but in the other OCR book they did. I chose not to bother remembering as numbers are not my friend. :s-smilie:
u know for one of the questions i got

dibromomethane..is that right? umm other possible answers cud have been tribromomethan and tetrabromomethane..right?? :o:
Reply 192
I Have No Imagination
I can't remember what reaction and reagent you're talking about.

Err for the advance one I really wasn't sure on this I got 3HCO- + Al3+ + H2 ----> Al(oh)3 + 3H2O

Something along those lines.

Yea I got something like that thats made me feel a lot better :smile:
I messed up on the polymer one :mad: I said copolymerisation instead of addition..stupid mistake ano..
Reply 193
houseo2
propagation, you rember any other q's?

Yes..what did you get for the gram calculation at the end?

I thought I had done that right then I got out of the exam and everyone had a different answer :frown:
FoOtYdUdE
u know for one of the questions i got

dibromomethane..is that right? umm other possible answers cud have been tribromomethan and tetrabromomethane..right?? :o:

yh thats what I put :smile:
Reply 195
Oh and does anyone know the bond angle?
Was it 109?
Reply 196
yep
Reply 197
The gram calculation at the end?
Presidential
yh thats what I put :smile:

Why did I put bromoethane?! :facepalm: I was thinking if two CH3 radicals could react together to make ethane, then another Br free radical comes along and reacts with that. So does that not count? :s-smilie:
HotCoco.
Halogenation of an alkene: electrophilic addition! :w00t:

Yup that works well.

So everyone, what do you reckon your grades are assuming the grade boundry is about 80/100 for A, 70/100 for B and so on.

I reckon I got between mid B worse-mid A best.

Latest

Trending

Trending