Turn on thread page Beta

OCR (Salters) AS Chemistry: Unit F332 (Post exam discussion Jan 2010) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dem Chem)
    Does this mean your in year 13 and resitting?
    :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Have No Imagination)
    :yes:
    Same :p:
    Does that mean you have the chemistry of materials one on the 27th?

ReputationRep:
    I hope so tooo :p:
    I dont have a clue what I even done to get that...

Was there any other tricky questions youve been worried about?
    What did you get for the frequency and energy ones at the start?
    cant remember the exact numbers but they're pretty straight foward i think.
    energy was like 7.7? or something 7
    and frequency was like 1.17? again cant quite remember.

The pre-release was the death of me, was the same case in June.. and the examiners report said it was the lowest scoring question for practically ALL candidates.. so no surprises there....:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxcherry-popxx)
    cant remember the exact numbers but they're pretty straight foward i think.
    energy was like 7.7? or something 7
    and frequency was like 1.17? again cant quite remember.

The pre-release was the death of me, was the same case in June.. and the examiners report said it was the lowest scoring question for practically ALL candidates.. so no surprises there....:p:
    I got those values but the first one 10^-19 and the second one 10^15. Did you get that?

Yea i thought the prerelease was really hard too. I cant even remember mine in June but i got a C in it so am guessing i struggled on the prerelease :yes:

I revised much more for this one tho so I am hoping for an A but not sure if ive done enough. The big chlorine question at the end was weird...I thought it was really straightforward as the answers were in the article but maybe TOO straightforward?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noble.)
    The question gave you the molecular masses of all products, but the only two you needed to use was H2O2 (34) and BaSO4 (233.4)

The calculation is just:

[34/(34+233.4)]*100 = 12.7%

You forgot to add the 34 on the bottom, you just did (34/233.4)*100.
    OMGSH I ROUNDED IT TO 13%!!!!!!!! will i still get a mark? i think so...didnt say 3 sig fig? did it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    I got propan-2-ol because it's a secondary alcohol and only secondary alcohols are oxidised to ketones. Propan-1-ol under reflux would have gone to propanoic acid.
    ohhhh :/...Failed!...and thats when i was going crazy..

ReputationRep:
    Same :p:
    Does that mean you have the chemistry of materials one on the 27th?
    LOL. *high five*
    Yup, I have A2 chem on 27th. I'm glad I retook unit because it relates to the A2 unit aswell, with the whole alcohols and all that.

ReputationRep:
    I got those values but the first one 10^-19 and the second one 10^15. Did you get that?

Yea i thought the prerelease was really hard too. I cant even remember mine in June but i got a C in it so am guessing i struggled on the prerelease :yes:

I revised much more for this one tho so I am hoping for an A but not sure if ive done enough. The big chlorine question at the end was weird...I thought it was really straightforward as the answers were in the article but maybe TOO straightforward?
    Yep i got those values
    Yeah the chlorine was weird :| surely halogens as a whole would have been a better question so we could interlink all of them? using the Cl2 from the advance notice :|
    ahh well jut have to wait until march. SO SO SO badly need an A.

ReputationRep:
    LOL. *high five*
    Yup, I have A2 chem on 27th. I'm glad I retook unit because it relates to the A2 unit aswell, with the whole alcohols and all that.
    I know me too
    Before i revised for this exam i didnt understand everything properly but now i feel much more confident.

How are you revising for it?

ReputationRep:
    LOL. *high five*
    I have A2 on that day too. They link really well.

ReputationRep:
    I know me too
    Before i revised for this exam i didnt understand everything properly but now i feel much more confident.

How are you revising for it?
    Yeah I know, I was sooo dumb last year. I got a D on that.
    I just do past papers continuously, like 3 or 4 times each, that way the answers are stuck in my head, which was useful for the 6 and 5 mark question we got today seeing as those two came up in every past paper and I had already learnt it off by heart. How you revising?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    I have A2 on that day too. They link really well.
    Yup all the materials revolution and polymers bit are already sorted. Just have to revise thread of life and steel story. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know, I was sooo dumb last year. I got a D on that.
    I just do past papers continuously, like 3 or 4 times each, that way the answers are stuck in my head, which was useful for the 6 and 5 mark question we got today seeing as those two came up in every past paper and I had already learnt it off by heart. How you revising?
    Yea that happened to me with the carbon dioxide infrared one and the silicon dioxide one

I print the syllabus off from the OCR site then make notes on everything you need to know then do past papers just incase theres something that comes up that hasnt been in the past papers.

Didnt do hardly anything in June tho apart from the night before :rolleyes: and just scraped a C

ReputationRep:
    Yea that happened to me with the carbon dioxide infrared one and the silicon dioxide one

I print the syllabus off from the OCR site then make notes on everything you need to know then do past papers just incase theres something that comes up that hasnt been in the past papers.

Didnt do hardly anything in June tho apart from the night before :rolleyes: and just scraped a C
    Oh yes, and the silicon dioxide one.
    I still think I've mucked up though, I probably got a C this time round. :sigh:

Oh I've never read the spec before, maybe that's the cause for my failure ahaha.

Scraping a C in A level chemistry with a few hours revision, is pretty impressive.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes, and the silicon dioxide one.
    I still think I've mucked up though, I probably got a C this time round. :sigh:

Oh I've never read the spec before, maybe that's the cause for my failure ahaha.

Scraping a C in A level chemistry with a few hours revision, is pretty impressive.
    Aw thank you...although I should have revised for it and would have been able to concentrate on my history resit that i also had today and didnt revise for one bit :eek:

What are you applying for at uni then? Chemistry by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    Aw thank you...although I should have revised for it and would have been able to concentrate on my history resit that i also had today and didnt revise for one bit :eek:

What are you applying for at uni then? Chemistry by any chance?
    Ahww damnnn, don't worry, you'll be fine!

I'm applying for biomedicine.
    I wanted to do to Dentistry but after getting some ***** AS grades I couldn't.
    I'm assuming you're applying for chemistry? If so, you're brave.

ReputationRep:
    Ahww damnnn, don't worry, you'll be fine!

I'm applying for biomedicine.
    I wanted to do to Dentistry but after getting some ***** AS grades I couldn't.
    I'm assuming you're applying for chemistry? If so, you're brave.
    Haha im sure biomedicine wont be much easier
    Where you applied then? Any offers?

ReputationRep:
    Haha im sure biomedicine wont be much easier
    Where you applied then? Any offers?
    Ahaha probably
    Applied to UCL ( I just got rejected yesterday, fools) Kings, warwick, royal holloway and hertfordshire.

Got an interview at Royal holloway and offer from herts.

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Ahaha probably
    Applied to UCL ( I just got rejected yesterday, fools) Kings, warwick, royal holloway and hertfordshire.

Got an interview at Royal holloway and offer from herts.

What about you?
    I applied to UCL aswel..ive got an interview on the 16th of February :eek: very scared!

Then ive got interviews for bristol, york and sheffield but have only been acknowledged by durham

ReputationRep:
    I applied to UCL aswel..ive got an interview on the 16th of February :eek: very scared!

Then ive got interviews for bristol, york and sheffield but have only been acknowledged by durham
    WOOAAHH that is just too amazing!! Seriously good luck, hope you get into wherever you want to go but don't go to UCL they rejected me :bawling: lool joke. Good luck dude.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 6, 2010

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.