Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wellynelly)
    Just curious if anybody is retaking the paper from last year. I dropped chem at AS, but i'm retaking. Silly decision, I know.

What do you guys think will come up on the paper? What do you find the most difficult? xxx
    I'm doing exactly what your doing. ><
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1148548
    good luck!

ReputationRep:
    This exam is going to kill me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kinkin)
    so guys what do you think they will ask about extract treating the public water supply
    well they didnt ask anything about that lol
    went well got 104/150 last time, this time i smashed it for sure

ReputationRep:
    So how did everyone find it??

I thought it was okay, however, I'm not sure about how well I did, there was loads of little questions I found hard.

ReputationRep:
    Thought it went well

ReputationRep:
    I found it okay i think! x

ReputationRep:
    Was that reaction thing electrophilic addition??

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant paper!

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant paper!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Have No Imagination)
    Was that reaction thing electrophilic addition??
    Mechanism one? I think you could choose either electrophilic addition or nucleophilic subsitition. Was it out of 6 marks? Or am i referring to another quest?

ReputationRep:
    i think the one between methanol and hydrogen bromide was nucleophilic subsitiution, i put eltectrphic at first but methanol doesn have any double carbon bonds so hbr isnt polarised but i dont know lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FoOtYdUdE)
    Mechanism one? I think you could choose either electrophilic addition or nucleophilic subsitition. Was it out of 6 marks? Or am i referring to another quest?
    Erm no it wasn't 6 marks. The 6 mark question was the one on the greenhouse effect, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by houseo2)
    i think the one between methanol and hydrogen bromide was nucleophilic subsitiution, i put eltectrphic at first but methanol doesn have any double carbon bonds so hbr isnt polarised but i dont know lol
    But isn't Nucleophilic Substitution when the nucleophile has a lone pair of electrons? HBr doesn't have a lone pair of electrons? I'm so confused.

ReputationRep:
    not sure doesnt the bromine?

ReputationRep:
    hope to atleast get 20 more marks...
    Good paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Have No Imagination)
    But isn't Nucleophilic Substitution when the nucleophile has a lone pair of electrons? HBr doesn't have a lone pair of electrons? I'm so confused.
    It was nucleophilic substitution as the bromine has 3 pairs of lone electrons...

ReputationRep:
    was that reaction propagation on the second page

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mija_Maryy)
    It was nucleophilic substitution as the bromine has 3 pairs of lone electrons...
    Noooo :'(

ReputationRep:
    What was the mass of the sodium ions for the advance notice questions?

ReputationRep:
    i think id worked out moles 800/1000 x the concn which i think was 0.002 or something and then x mr of Na

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.