The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Louuu_xx
F332 is OCR salters B not OCR A :smile:

Good! Because I was looking at this thread and thinking 'what?! I dont remember these questions!' and confusion quickly converted to panic. :laugh:
Reply 121
HotCoco.
Good! Because I was looking at this thread and thinking 'what?! I dont remember these questions!' and confusion quickly converted to panic. :laugh:

Ahahaa! Likewise, I thought the same. Phew :smile:
Reply 122
Is there a thread for OCR A F322???
Haz Shah
Ahahaa! Likewise, I thought the same. Phew :smile:

A bit nervous. I finished the paper and found it ok but only had like 3 minutes to check over. I afraid I made some silly mistake like forgotten a hydrogen atom when drawing a molecule or something. :rolleyes:
Reply 124
:eek:
Haz Shah
Oh, appologies. My bad. I actually never thought that course still existed? Thought it was discontinued after the new OCR A.. anyways, How did it go buddy?

Good! Because I was looking at this thread and thinking 'what?! I dont remember these questions!' and confusion quickly converted to panic.

I was thinking. Oh God I've done it all wrong now :eek:
So I'm glad we figured it out though :yes:

I think it went ok, pretty hard (lots of 5/6 mark questions) but i'll wait and see.
Salters should be discontinued though. Its truely ridiculous in parts (I'm sure anyone would say that about their exam boards though :rolleyes:)
Hey,
What did everyone get for the ester question :\ ... the question with ethanoic acid and ethan-1,2-diol ?
Reply 126
Does anyone have the mark scheme for this? Also, what was the answer for the type of catalyst question on alkenes and alcohols? Last part, I said platinum.
Reply 127
what did youse say for the hight tensilefilm and the propetiesof pipes?
Reply 128
peoples thoughts on this paper
thecdon
peoples thoughts on this paper

Twas okay but i completely flunked that 7 mark IR question about alcohol E and product F.
FML!! :cry: It was going so well till then
CertifiedAngel
Twas okay but i completely flunked that 7 mark IR question about alcohol E and product F.
FML!! :cry: It was going so well till then

Oh same, I put alcohol E as pentan-1-ol and the product as aldehyde pentanal. I thought I got it right but then once I came out I realized that the reaction was under reflux and I was like oh ****. So yea, its either a carboxylic acid which is what I think it is because of the peaks other than the carbonyl or a ketone.

What did others put for that?

I think I should get some marks if the product is a carboxylic acid as the alcohol then needs to be pentan-1-ol, if its a ketone, it needs to be pentan-2-ol.

Everything else was kind of alright.
Unknown111
Oh same, I put alcohol E as pentan-1-ol and the product as aldehyde pentanal. I thought I got it right but then once I came out I realized that the reaction was under reflux and I was like oh ****. So yea, its either a carboxylic acid which is what I think it is because of the peaks other than the carbonyl or a ketone.

What did others put for that?

I think I should get some marks if the product is a carboxylic acid as the alcohol then needs to be pentan-1-ol, if its a ketone, it needs to be pentan-2-ol.

Everything else was kind of alright.

I put that it was propanoic acid due to the question saying that the alcohol was refluxed and the presence of what i thought was a c-o bond. But apparently is is a ketone because the infra red didnt show an o-h bond for a carboxylic acid :frown:
this forum is just making me feel worse haha !
Reply 133
Ah, that question.. E was Propan-2-ol .. Because of the Mr was 60 and the Ion Peak was on 45 I think, so the fragmented ion would be CH3CH2OH .. And F was an organic molecule formed.. If you oxidise an Alchol, it turns into an Aldehyde, and the Infra Red showed that there was a C=O bond, but no O-H bonds so it couldn't have been an Carboxylic Acid, and it ruled out a Ketone because of Alchol E.

So E = Propan-2-ol, and F = C3H8O ..
Reply 134
How did everyone find this exam?
LOL, Major confusion. This is the OCR Salters B exam.

For the property of the pipe I put because it was rigid, I had no idea.
The tensile film was a carrier bag/plastic bag.
was a lovely exam! Got a mid-C last June, hope I've got at least 85% A.
Haz Shah
Ah, that question.. E was Propan-2-ol .. Because of the Mr was 60 and the Ion Peak was on 45 I think, so the fragmented ion would be CH3CH2OH .. And F was an organic molecule formed.. If you oxidise an Alchol, it turns into an Aldehyde, and the Infra Red showed that there was a C=O bond, but no O-H bonds so it couldn't have been an Carboxylic Acid, and it ruled out a Ketone because of Alchol E.

So E = Propan-2-ol, and F = C3H8O ..

why wasnt F propan 2 one? secondary alcohol turn to ketones under reflux, hence the c=o bind on the IR. there was no O-H peak on the spectrum. propan 1ol could have only formed a carboxylic (it was under reflux)
Reply 138
oh i sed window replacemtn when windows smash?
Reply 139
last year, I got 45/150 on this paper LOL! this time, i smashed it :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending