Turn on thread page Beta

OCR (Salters) AS Chemistry: Unit F332 (Post exam discussion Jan 2010) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Presidential)
    did any one get -1560kjmol-1 for the experimental enthalpy of the combustion of glucose?
    Damn right, exactly what I got. I got the theoretical one to be something like -2820 or something like that.

EDIT: This paper was filled with green questions, good thing I revised, I destroyed that last page. CCS, Carbon neutral, all that stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by houseo2)
    what about the reaction on second page was it temrination or propagation?
    I put propagation as it has formed a new radical (H) which has an unpaired electron but am not sure if thats right

What did you put?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown111)
    Damn right, exactly what I got. I got the theoretical one to be something like -2820 or something like that.
    yh -2830 i think i put i almost forgot the put the -ve sign on my answers lol

ReputationRep:
    propagation, you rember any other q's?

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the three systemic names on the advance article
    I think they were
    Ca(OH)2
    Na2Co3
    HCO3-
    ??

ReputationRep:
    Also for the test thing, I put bromine, but does it matter if you bromine or bromine water?

ReputationRep:
    Questions I know I failed - how is ozone maintained? c10h22 name? I put dectane instead of decane. How do scientist reduce greenhouse gas emmision...? and the last question about trends?
    Lol I too didnt like that ozone maintainance thing. I said it was an equilibrium blah blah equation.

And yeah that last one was it bit cheeky. I said yes because of a positive correlation between temp rise and co2 rise...I remembered S1 maths lol! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I felt the wording of the questions were a bit vague. Last year's one was easier to understand.
    I think I've got a maximum of a C. I'm wondering does anyone know if i can take another resit in june of this paper. I really need a B overall

ReputationRep:
    I put bromine too. Systematic names i got a bit confused...in order, i put:
    calcium hydroxide
    sodium carbonate
    hydrogen carbonate

what did yous put?

ReputationRep:
    when you had to do the reaction and add one other reagent...what other reagant did people add?

ReputationRep:
    yh -2830 i think i put i almost forgot the put the -ve sign on my answers lol
    Yea thats the one, good to know, I checked that question 5 times so that I didnt make some silly mistake becuz I normally have a habit of doing silly things with numbers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dem Chem)
    I put bromine too. Systematic names i got a bit confused...in order, i put:
    calcium hydroxide
    sodium carbonate
    hydrogen carbonate

what did yous put?
    Yeah same but I did like Calcium (|) hydroxide and that..I think I've done it wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HotCoco.)
    Lol I too didnt like that ozone maintainance thing. I said it was an equilibrium blah blah equation.

And yeah that last one was it bit cheeky. I said yes because of a positive correlation between temp rise and co2 rise...I remembered S1 maths lol! :p:
    I put yes aswell but, then I kinda changed my mind and put how correlation doesnt mean causation. I was so baffled lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dem Chem)
    when you had to do the reaction and add one other reagent...what other reagant did people add?
    Which was that? In the advance notice?

ReputationRep:
    Yea thats the one, good to know, I checked that question 5 times so that I didnt make some silly mistake becuz I normally have a habit of doing silly things with numbers.
    I had 2 mins to check! :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Alright paper I guess. I ballsed up the 7 marker question on the mass spectroscopy and IR thing...I got enthanoic acid as product F as im sure i noticed a c=o bond and o-h bond on the table?
    probs wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Questions I know I failed - how is ozone maintained? c10h22 name? I put dectane instead of decane. How do scientist reduce greenhouse gas emmision...? and the last question about trends?
    Ozone mentained because of the O radicals? O2 + O -> O3 .. I think

And also, I put down Yes, as it showed similar trends from last 20,000 years.. However there was a decrease in Temperature by 1 degree at the end..

ReputationRep:
    I put yes aswell but, then I kinda changed my mind and put how correlation doesnt mean causation. I was so baffled lol.
    Lol I almost said no as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecdon)
    Alright paper I guess. I ballsed up the 7 marker question on the mass spectroscopy and IR thing...I got enthanoic acid as product F as im sure i noticed a c=o bond and o-h bond on the table?
    probs wrong.
    I got propanoic acid too, i think. Man i can't even remba most of the q's. I just remba feeling really positive after the exam! :p:

ReputationRep:
    same with me lol, when I got my paper back from last year I was shock at my mistakes. This time I finished early and went back to check. My all time favorite question was the one asking about a reaction mechanism with curly arrows, I simply loved it lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 6, 2010

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.