The Student Room Group

Manchester Met or Manchester Uni?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Man Uni, it's better than almost everyway you can think of!!!
Honestly, I really really liked the look of the English course at Man Met, and I really really didn't like the look of English at UoM :P
Reply 42
I don't know in relation to your course but the whole Manchester city experience and the accommodation are of equal standards.
The only thing I would say of MMU (and I go there as a postgrad) is that the rep isn't as good and the students union is quite rubbish. But there is a lot of flexibility with what you want to do in your degree. Check the degree program and see which sounds better to you and then decide whether ratings matter to you - they didn't to me.
Reply 43
MMU is an interesting place. On the one hand, it might look like a total dossers coven (*cough* Sociology *cough*) but there are pockets of excellence and "world leading" research going on if you believe what the league tables say, particularly the Art School.

Really it varies on a departmental basis. I know I'm sort of sitting-on-the-fence here, but I'd advise you the look at the academic staff in your prospective departments, google them, see what they've done etc...
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending