Turn on thread page Beta

Am I not over him or is this normal? watch

Basically, I went out with this guy for 10 months and he dumped me really harshly - but that was quite a long time ago now, nearly 18 months. He wouldn't let us stay friends but recently we've spoken once or twice. I have a new boyfriend who I've been with for nearly 4 months who really loves me.. I love him, though I find it hard to fall into the relationship like I did with my ex - I'm not sure if I'm just a little worried about falling in love and getting dumped again. I don't want to dump him but I am worried about whether I'm being mean if he has stronger feelings for me than I have for him.. it's not a problem when we're actually together at all, everything's perfect then - it's just when we're apart that I find myself getting at him and I don't know why.

I guess the thing that spurred me into questioning this is I've just seen that my ex has a new gf, and on msn his status is all about how he loves her etc (they can't have been together more than a few weeks!) and I actually found myself feeling really struck by it. I have no idea why I'd feel like this if I'm completely over him so I'm wondering: is it normal to have residual feelings for an ex? Because I think it may be slight feelings for my ex causing the problems with my current bf and if they're always gona be there then I'll just get over it but if it's not maybe I need to actually work on getting over him a bit more!

Thanks in advance for any help

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 13, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.