Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi, can anyone please advise me on when i can apply to university
    im doing a access course in psychology along with 2 other modules and the toolbox, do i apply to uni now or do i have to wait until i finish and pass this course?
    any advice very much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    the deadline for applying to uni for this year is the 15th of january...although i seem to remember hearing something about them moving it to the 22nd. If you want to go to uni this year apply now, if its for 2011 you can wait.

ReputationRep:
    If it's a year long, you can apply now- you only have a few days left before the deadline so you'd have to hurry.

If it's two years and you're in your first year, wait until the next round. (But you may want to anyway- nothing to stop you applying after you've completed it).

ReputationRep:
    As the access course is only a year long and if you want to go to uni this September then apply now, but the deadline ia 22nd January so you'd have to get a shift on with it. If you want to go to uni next September you could apply now but for deferred entry or apply later this year/early next year. Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    yeah its 1yr long and i want to go to uni this september but just abit unsure as to how to go on applying to uni. can i apply now if im only just doing the access course? not knowing for defo im gonna pass! i thought you would hsve to wait until you complete the course?

ReputationRep:
    The deadline has been moved to the 22nd but I don't know if its for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    hi thanks everyone for your advice x

ReputationRep:
    Still apply now but when you enter your access course on UCAS you leave the grade as 'pending' because you haven't finished it yet. If you get offered a place at uni it will more than likely be a conditional offer which means if you pass your access course you will be able to go to uni there. I am also on an access course and applied this year, I also don't know that I am going to pass it (pretty sure I will though) and have recieved conditional offers. It's the same with A level students who all apply but don't yet have their final grades but will have 'predicted grades' sent to the uni to give them an idea. If you need help doing your UCAS form you could always ask your tutor for advice, but as said above, the deadline is drawing near so don't hang about.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.