Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm just wondering if anybody knows what this means exactly:

Your application has been checked by your referee/coordinator.
    13-01-2010 (16:18) Your reference has been completed and is waiting for approval.

the very last part, who has to approve it after my refrence has been completed? Feeling a bit nervous and stressed out :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, the head of your centre now has your reference.

She/He will check over it and then get it sent off, there is no need for concern.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Individual)
    Don't worry, the head of your centre now has your reference.

She/He will check over it and then get it sent off, there is no need for concern.
    Ahh thank you so much, I'm doing an access course so this is all new to me and after being out of the loop for a couple of years I'm very on edge with anything University related (my last chance in my eyes). Thanks for the reassurance I feel alot better
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    You might want to ring up and check, there was a form that I had to sign this year regarding data protection that I didn't have to sign last year, not sure if that's only over here though :yep: although think you might have been told to go in and sign it if that was the case...so probably not now that I think about it :s: it should all just be sorted :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    You might want to ring up and check, there was a form that I had to sign this year regarding data protection that I didn't have to sign last year, not sure if that's only over here though :yep: although think you might have been told to go in and sign it if that was the case...so probably not now that I think about it :s: it should all just be sorted :yep:
    I am seeing my tutor (referee/coordinator) tomorrow night so I could bring it up then. Thanks for the advice I've been emailing her like a mad woman and I think she's getting sick of me to be honest! :o:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Jiyeon)
    I am seeing my tutor (referee/coordinator) tomorrow night so I could bring it up then. Thanks for the advice I've been emailing her like a mad woman and I think she's getting sick of me to be honest! :o:
    :giggle: don't worry I did the same...I got all paranoid because I'm on gap year and had no idea what was going on, think my referee did my reference in the end just to keep me quiet :mmm: if you're seeing her tomorrow chances are she'll get you to check it and send it off :yep:
    edit: also if that's the case take your exam certificates if you have any...I was checking mine and there was a mistake over which exam board I'd used...probably would have spotted it if I'd taken my certificates with me but ended up having to email my unis cos it wasn't changed :yep:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Haha, I'm really paranoid too. I've had a rough few years since I left school. I'm 20 now and I just want to get going to University and I'm sick of waiting around. UCAS has been the most stressful thing of my life as of lately so I'm on edge about everything to do with it. I sent the application off last week, I only just got that update today.
    I had to wait over 2 months...which is the explanation for the sheer quantity of emails :giggle: but I was at the bottom of a very large pile so I expected it :yep: today's the first day I haven't been worried about it actually :s: got my first offer this evening :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    I had to wait over 2 months...which is the explanation for the sheer quantity of emails :giggle: but I was at the bottom of a very large pile so I expected it :yep: today's the first day I haven't been worried about it actually :s: got my first offer this evening :yep:
    Congrats hopefully it'll be sent off by the end of the week (thankgod for the extension it seems)
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Congrats hopefully it'll be sent off by the end of the week (thankgod for the extension it seems)
    Ye it's handy :yes: but they can send offers all the way up until march so no worries if you don't get any straight away :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to bump my old thread but the message has changed:

Your reference has been completed and approved. Your referee/coordinator will be able to send your application to UCAS from mid-September. After it has been processed you will be sent a welcome letter. You will then be able to log in to Track, which allows you to check the progress of your application. You will need your Personal ID number and the username and password you used when making your application.

does this mean it hasn't been sent still?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Sorry to bump my old thread but the message has changed:

Your reference has been completed and approved. Your referee/coordinator will be able to send your application to UCAS from mid-September. After it has been processed you will be sent a welcome letter. You will then be able to log in to Track, which allows you to check the progress of your application. You will need your Personal ID number and the username and password you used when making your application.

does this mean it hasn't been sent still?
    I think you may need to contact your referee or UCAS today...by the sounds of it it's been completed but won't be sent until next year's cycle...the revised deadline is the 22nd so you really need to get that sorted out today or tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    I think you may need to contact your referee or UCAS today...by the sounds of it it's been completed but won't be sent until next year's cycle...the revised deadline is the 22nd so you really need to get that sorted out today or tomorrow
    Yeah my college have been sitting on my application for ages now. I rang UCAS and it's back in the hands of my tutor and i just need to prod them to do the last bit. I only see her 2 days a week and she's part time. I will see her before the deadline (thursday night actually) but this is stressing me out :mad: the college is such a pain with anything UCAS related! It should have been sent weeks ago!

edit: Literally a minute ago

Your application has been processed by UCAS. You will be sent a welcome letter and will then be able to log in to Track, which allows you to check the progress of your application. You will need your Personal ID number and the username and password you used when making your application.

Can I relax now

ReputationRep:
    Yeah my college have been sitting on my application for ages now. I rang UCAS and it's back in the hands of my tutor and i just need to prod them to do the last bit. I only see her 2 days a week and she's part time. I will see her before the deadline (thursday night actually) but this is stressing me out :mad: the college is such a pain with anything UCAS related! It should have been sent weeks ago!

Your application has been processed by UCAS. You will be sent a welcome letter and will then be able to log in to Track, which allows you to check the progress of your application. You will need your Personal ID number and the username and password you used when making your application.

Can I relax now
    Yes you can. I think if you have your personal ID number, you can log into track with it as long as you remove the dashes. I'm still waiting for my reference to be pasted in by my tutor, even though it's completed now. There's about around another 40 students waiting for this too in my class. :eek3: :eek3:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team

Can I relax now
    Yes that's the message you should be seeing :giggle: the one before was a bit worrying but your application has now been sent and you can now receive offers, good luck

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.