Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rocks_and_mountains)
    Massive ditto! Apart from Hugh's this year for me. I was told even in the interview last year that they'd had loads of great applicants for deferred English at Brasenose. Wonderful.

But yeah, another successful reapplicant here so I'm hardly going to say it's a bad idea ...
    Did you go for ice cream with another ex-Brasenoser called Alex? There seemed to be quite a few of us floating around. Congratulations, btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaymee)
    Did you go for ice cream with another ex-Brasenoser called Alex? There seemed to be quite a few of us floating around. Congratulations, btw
    There was one at LMH too! Really lovely girl, although I can't remember her name haha. I hope she got in.

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Oriel for Physics last year, really felt I buckled under the pressure and absolutely died in the exam and one of my interviews. I applied for a YINI not long after with a mind to reapply, but then forgot about it and got absolutely set on Durham.

Then I got an interview for the company at which I'm now working, went down to see what it was about and thought it looked like something I'd really enjoy, so when I got offered a job there I decided to take it. I know I could have deferred my place at Durham, but at that point I thought, eh, I might as well reapply and see what happens.

So, I applied this year with relevant work experience and a lot more maturity and happily got an offer from Lincoln. So I think reapplying was a great decision, and I think I would even if I'd been rejected again.

It's worth pointing out that where I'm working there were 8 people just in my department reapplying to Oxbridge (we take a lot of YINI students), and 6 of us got in. I do also know someone who reapplied for law and got in, he's also doing a gap year at a law firm.

So, using anecdotal evidence, it seems that if you are going to reapply, doing something relevant to your degree is well looked upon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaymee)
    I didn't no. Last year there were so many English interviewees, many of whom were massively intimidating and a few outright rude, that I stuck with the two lovely girls I met first of all the whole interview period. This year I met a lot more nice people, partly because the first half of the alphabet at Hugh's was only about 12 people as opposed to about 25 so I was able to chat to most people without feeling overwhelmed! Congratulations to you as well

(Original post by victoire)
    There was one at LMH too! Really lovely girl, although I can't remember her name haha. I hope she got in.
    Haha that's crazy that there's so many of us. I'm hoping to do a module that involves tutes with Sos Eltis next year partly because I thought she was awesome at interview at Brasenose and partly so I can be like "ha you rejected me but you can't get rid of me that easily!" :p: I'm not surprised really that so many people reapplied actually; I felt the competition at Brasenose for English was ridiculously stiff, and I don't think they did that well at redistributing people. Personally I was just pissed off when they told me that one person beat me to a place. Eurgh!

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys!!! Sorry to jump in between the connversation, but I am an international student and a new memeber on TSR and looking forward for some help from all of you. I got rejected from st anne's oxford this year for 2012 entry, but got a conditional offer from university of westminster for business management-economics, so what do you guys think I should do now? shall I go for ppe and take a gap year or just go on with my westminster offer? Is westminster a good university? Thanks so much for your help it will be very nice of you- a clueless internationalist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mnaqi)
    Hey Guys!!! Sorry to jump in between the connversation, but I am an international student and a new memeber on TSR and looking forward for some help from all of you. I got rejected from st anne's oxford this year for 2012 entry, but got a conditional offer from university of westminster for business management-economics, so what do you guys think I should do now? shall I go for ppe and take a gap year or just go on with my westminster offer? Is westminster a good university? Thanks so much for your help it will be very nice of you- a clueless internationalist
    Please make a new thread rather than resurrecting one from over a year ago.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.