Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Depression and PMS watch

Announcements

I've been kind of depressed lately, I used to be worse, but I'm feeling less depressed as time goes on.

However, when PMS kicks in, it kicks in BIG TIME, everything makes me cry, angry, irritable, and I feel suicidal a lot.

I'm trying to separate the depression from the PMS, so I know what my problem is. How can I tell?

And how does PMS effect you emotionally?

ReputationRep:
    Jamoche shh!

I know how you feel OP, your not alone in feeling like this
    Hope you feel a bit happier soon.

ReputationRep:
    I get this: I'm recovering, but in the time just before my period, it gets a thousand times worse. Not doing anything about it though!

ReputationRep:
    I have a similar problem with anxiety. I can go a few weeks with it being mild then from ovulation I can feel so emotional and get more anxiety symptoms. It's because of the period messing up your hormones and worsening your feelings of depression.

It's difficult to seperate the problems as, if you have depression, it's likely to be worse at a time when even the most together woman can get mood swings. I have wondered if the pill might help me-the sort which stabilise your hormones through the month but I'm not sure...

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/depression_women.htm

Thanks girls

Found an interesting article, would like to find out more about this whole hormone thing, it can seriously mess with your mind!

ReputationRep:
    Have you sought help for this from your GP?

I don't want to tell my GP about it because I don't want to risk being given pills or being labelled......

It's environmental stuff that's been getting me down...

ReputationRep:
    Could be PMDD:
    https://health.google.com/health/ref...horic+disorder

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.