Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just out of curiosity... and cos I've got to write a 5 minute presentation for a German exam on my ideal place to live after uni and need some inspiraton

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlemiss-sunshine)
    Just out of curiosity... and cos I've got to write a 5 minute presentation for a German exam on my ideal place to live after uni and need some inspiraton
    Mountain community.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, just outside Preston.

I live in the centre currently, and the city life is getting too much for me, with so many chavs around. I want to be close enough to still have easy access, but far enough away that I can enjoy some peace and quiet.

I intend to move house soon to remedy this.

ReputationRep:
    Somewhere hot, and where even climate change won't cause it to snow...ever.

ReputationRep:
    I'd live anywhere as long as I wasn't a 3 hour train ride away from my bf tbh.

Ideally, a city like Brum or London.

ReputationRep:
    Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen, which is an island in the high Arctic above Norway. You probably won't like the sound of it, but having experienced it first hand, I can tell you that nothing else I have seen compares to it.
    This, coupled with the fact that Norway is the best country in the world to live in in terms of GDP, education, unemployment, healthcare etc. makes Longyearbyen a pretty good choice.

Failing Longyearbyen, I'd settle for Tromsø, which is a reasonably large city surrounded by mountains in the Arctic circle in mainland Norway.

ReputationRep:
    Australia.

If I was to pick somewhere in Britain then I guess Edinburgh, which is strange because that's where I left to come to uni :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unvincibledudeman)
    Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen, which is an island in the high Arctic above Norway. You probably won't like the sound of it, but having experienced it first hand, I can tell you that nothing else I have seen compares to it.
    This, coupled with the fact that Norway is the best country in the world to live in in terms of GDP, education, unemployment, healthcare etc. makes Longyearbyen a pretty good choice.

Failing Longyearbyen, I'd settle for Tromsø, which is a reasonably large city surrounded by mountains in the Arctic circle in mainland Norway.
    Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ReputationRep:
    Shetland <3

ReputationRep:
    I want to either stay in Sheffield or move to Liverpool. I want to live in a big Northern city that's not too far away or different from my home city. I also like the local accents.

ReputationRep:
    Farm.

lived on a farm in deepest darkest Herefordshire for a year, 10 minutes drive from even the nearest bus stop and so inacessible that a Tesco delivery van - after spending three hours trying to find where we lived - couldn't even fit down the roads leading to the farm.

the best year of my life!

ReputationRep:
    Singapore- it's clean, safe, has a great climate and I generally love everything about it =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unvincibledudeman)

I was thinking about going to study in Tromsø, but I received better offers.

ReputationRep:
    In an Empire State of Mind.

ReputationRep:
    Los Angeles - my home away from home, i hope to move there permanently one day

ReputationRep:
    London or Zurich.

Maybe Prague or New York for a bit though =/ Depends on what I end up doing for a living after uni.

ReputationRep:
    for me it would be a house in the country, thatched preferably, with a wife who i love and loves me, lots of children and two dogs and a cat maybe now too - i'd have a classic sports car in the driveway and also a VW camper van for family holidays

not sure how that helps ur german presentation but that's what i think of when i think of ideal living :p:

ReputationRep:
    Monaco.
    That is ofcourse in an ideal world.

ReputationRep:
    London. And maybe even New York if I can work out a way...

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to live in NYC or London until I get to my fifties then once I get a lot older with grown up kids etc I want to move back to where I live now :love:

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.