Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Beirut Baby!

ReputationRep:
    Definitely New Yor City!

ReputationRep:
    paris

ReputationRep:
    Somewhere with actual seasons. Scorching sun in the summer, snow in winter, flowers in spring and orange leaves in autumn.

It'll definately be in America, not decided where yet, but either somewhere very rural or at the completely different side of the spectrum, a big city like LA or New York.

ReputationRep:
    iceland, or maybe scandanavia as it's a littleee more inhabitable. i admire their approaches to alternative energy, i like the cold and i just love norwayyyyyy!
    or maybe berlin? good culture.

ReputationRep:
    San Fransisco.

ReputationRep:
    London !!! :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    I was thinking about going to study in Tromsø, but I received better offers.
    Can I ask how that came about? Postgrad or undergrad comrad? (I just had to!). I would love the chance to study abroad, especially in somewhere like Tromsø. I haven't yet started the UCAS application process, so I'm guessing it wouldn't be too late to start looking at this would it?
    For an undergraduate degree, would you be taught in Norwegian? If so I'd be screwed . Also, would there be any financial support available? I'm not exactly from a wealthy background and Norway is outrageously expensive.

ReputationRep:
    Ideally, it'd be a big house in a small neighbourhood, in a small town with my own family. It'd have a garden big enough to have a kickabout in and a set of goals. The place itself would be English speaking, so any one of Canada, Australia, U.S.A, Britain and Ireland would be acceptable as learning another language has never really appealed to me for any reason. The local schools would be pretty good, I'd be friends with my neighbours and it would be driving distance of a big city. It can't be that hard to achieve that right?

ReputationRep:
    An apartment in a Mediteranean city with a roof garden. Or by the seaside in England. I really want to travel in India and South America but I don't think I'd want to settle down there.

ReputationRep:
    Hawaii

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to own/build a log cabin, back home in Wales, but further into Snowdonia, but close enough to the sea to visit it.

That's the dream for retirement

Apart from that...Hong Kong?

ReputationRep:
    Either New Zealand(Anywhere), South Africa (Western Cape or Gauteng province) or The Netherlands (Maastricht, Rotterdam)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susie_love)
    Singapore- it's clean, safe, has a great climate and I generally love everything about it =]
    this or Tokyo :3

:sogood: :nooo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomcuk123)
    Either New Zealand(Anywhere), South Africa (Western Cape or Gauteng province) or The Netherlands (Maastricht, Rotterdam)
    I heard Maastricht is beautiful, I definitely have a soft spot for Nederland.

ReputationRep:
    If I had to choose somewhere abroad it would be Canada 100%.
    If I had to choose somewhere in the Uk it would be Oxford. Nice place and good traveling distance to most places I'd ever need to go to visit family.
    And I'd have a house similar to the one Jude Law's character has in The Holiday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unvincibledudeman)
    Can I ask how that came about? Postgrad or undergrad comrad? (I just had to!). I would love the chance to study abroad, especially in somewhere like Tromsø. I haven't yet started the UCAS application process, so I'm guessing it wouldn't be too late to start looking at this would it?
    For an undergraduate degree, would you be taught in Norwegian? If so I'd be screwed . Also, would there be any financial support available? I'm not exactly from a wealthy background and Norway is outrageously expensive.
    Undergraduate and they offer courses in English.

Wasn't the UCAS deadline a few days ago?

There are no tuition fees, however living expenses acummulate to about £7,000-10,000 per year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Undergraduate and they offer courses in English.

Wasn't the UCAS deadline a few days ago?

There are no tuition fees, however living expenses acummulate to about £7,000-10,000 per year.
    I'm only in my AS year, and don't even have the results of my first modules back yet. With expenses totaling that I'll just stop right away. I'd be working years to pay off debt like that (that is assuming there is a student-friendly loan system available! If not I'd probably never pay it off).

Oh well. With the money I save going to Uni in boring old blighty, I'll buy myself an allotment near Tromsø and camp over in the summers! Thanks anyway.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.