Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is anyone actually on course for a 1st in their second year? watch

Announcements

anon or don't post.

I'm doing a psychology degree and I'm finding the second year really hard. Is anyone actually on course for a 1st in their second year? I asked my seminar leader for some tips and she just laughed in my face and told me to 'pray to Father Freud' because that's the only way I'll get a 1st...

Guess I just want to feel normal .. is anyone in their 2nd year actually on course for a first?

ReputationRep:
    1. Why are you anon
    2. GTFO H+R

(Original post by Reue)
    1. Why are you anon
    2. GTFO H+R

Because my friends use the site and it's embarrassing for them to know what the seminar tutor said to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Because my friends use the site and it's embarrassing for them to know what the seminar tutor said to me.
    Yes, Im sure they'd care that much about what your seminar tutor said to you. Honestly, screw big brother.. We ought to just follow you around with cameras 24/7 instead. Im sure the general public would be absoloutly hung on your every action..

ReputationRep:
    I got a high 2:i second year, and straight As third, so even if you don't get a first it's possible to do very well third year (which is what counts most in England, although here it's 50/50 penultimate year/final year on a four year degree.) Are you on track for a 2:i, or even a high 2:i? If so, don't worry, things will fall into place eventually.

ReputationRep:
    anon or don't post.

I'm doing a psychology degree and I'm finding the second year really hard. Is anyone actually on course for a 1st in their second year? I asked my seminar leader for some tips and she just laughed in my face and told me to 'pray to Father Freud' because that's the only way I'll get a 1st...

Guess I just want to feel normal .. is anyone in their 2nd year actually on course for a first?
    I'm in my second year of uni aswell, don't worry we're all in the same boat (well most of us).

I reallyy wanted to do well this year, but it seems like everything's so HARD!

Anyway, I think making more use of the materials and books given should do the trick, and starting revision now lol.

Good luck!

ps. your seminar leader sounds like a right ****!

ReputationRep:
    And lol @ the neg reps. Thanks people

(Original post by Reue)
    It wasn't me, although you were a bit rude.

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't me, although you were a bit rude.
    Very rude, I'd say. But my point was clear

ReputationRep:
    im on course for a 3rd

cause i ****** up my first year. still waiting on my 2nd year semester 1 grades to arrive, so hopefully my GPA should rise a tiny bit

but my advisor is confident that can change since 1st year predictions change most times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Very rude, I'd say. But my point was clear
    I didn't think it was that rude tbh. You were making a point rather then just insulting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    I don't think anything Reue has said is invalid or indeed worthy of negative reputation...

However, bit horrid from your seminar tutor I suppose, but I wouldn't let it destroy you; maybe he/she is giving you an aggressive kick up the rear end? Perhaps your time would be better spent doing more work than whining about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshleyT)
    I didn't think it was that rude tbh. You were making a point rather then just insulting.
    Aww thank you. Try telling it to these people: :P

http://images.redial.net/reprecieved...jhdgkfgfj..jpg

ReputationRep:
    what uni you at ?
    and yah if i work hard then it's perfectly within my reach
    but i have to be top of my game and atm im not

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 13, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.