Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://tavi-thenewgirlintown.blogspot.com

What do people think of her? Am I the only one who think she looks like a bag lady an awful lot of the time? It's just I've heard people going on about how great her style is and I really can't see it.

ReputationRep:
    i adore tavi :love:

i do agree that some of her outfits are a little odd, but she's only 13, to be fair. oh, tavi.. :heart:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah she's cute and yeah she has style albeit a bit bag ladyish but her blog is very me me me. She annoys me a fair amount as she isn't a great blogger but gets so much hype.

ReputationRep:
    I saw this blog advertised on a news site- I couldn't really see how she was uber "stylish" (those glasses she wears are awful in my opinion, yes, as others have mentioned, a bit bag-ladyish) but I hear she has a lot of hype so I guess I'm not really stylish enough to get it? She seems a bit precocious too, which is irritating.

ReputationRep:
    Don't like the style but think she writes well for a 13 year old!

ReputationRep:
    Agree with the posters, just read her page...she knows her stuff but awck i don't know; she seems to swamp herself?! She does seem precocious, but is a very good writer...
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    What on earth is that child wearing? I dressed like that when I was 7... are we calling it fashion now? She looks like she fell into her grandmothers closet.

ReputationRep:
    WTF are her parents doing?

I'm sorry but I would NOT be happy with my 13 yr old child being internet famous. Not to mention the disruption it's likely causing her education.

ReputationRep:
    woah. just woah. :/

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Style? Oh my...She really does look a little like a charity shop reject. Perhaps it will develop into something more sophisticated as she gets older?

ReputationRep:
    She is never 13! :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    what a mess.

ReputationRep:
    bad parents :nah: someone should be looking after that little girl!

and teaching her how to dress and cut her hair

ReputationRep:
    dear lord?!

ReputationRep:
    She is hilarious, and in a good way. And she is seriously gifted writer, I can't believe it is a 13 year old writing there, and she really knows the stuff she is talking about. Anyways, it is all just a bit of fun, dressing up in these crazy weird costumes, so why not?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by crema)
    She is hilarious, and in a good way. And she is seriously gifted writer, I can't believe it is a 13 year old writing there, and she really knows the stuff she is talking about. Anyways, it is all just a bit of fun, dressing up in these crazy weird costumes, so why not?
    It's not a bit of fun for her though, is it? She obviously thinks she looks fashionable, and is buying clothes that she thinks are nice. It's not dressing up at all. I don't think she's hilarious at all, but to be fair I have nothing against her writing a blog. I just think she looks awful.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.