Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone else excited about uni's (Year 12's only) watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually mega excited . But I'm really worried I won't get the A levels I need tbh! I cannot wait to start looking at open days ect.
    I'm thinking of looking at Queen's Belfast, Brighton and Bristol and Kent so far.

ReputationRep:
    I'm super excited! I am so sad, I even made a list of all of the ones I want to go to and I know what one I want to aim for. Kind of helps with studying as a motivational thing :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking forward to the independence, and to studying the subject I'm most interested in. Of course, the thought of revision and exams and interviews is frightening ... very frightening actually. :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    It'll be the most stress you've ever felt (so far)... Writing personal statements is horrible, UCAS Track addictions consume your entire life, and open days consist of desperately searching for a McDonalds for lunch and giving up after the 7th Subway you come across in 15 minutes...

Just make sure you know what you want to apply for and test that, because you may actually freak out in July and realise that that is so not for you.

My, aren't I the little pessimist today? What I'm trying to say, is enjoy the excitement because after exams, the stress starts to kick in :cry2:

Oh, and the open days start WAY earlier that you'd think, so start researching them now/soon - your school's unlikely to tell you about them.

Yes, I broke the rules, I'm a year 13 (but a year 12 and 13 in history, does that count?)

ReputationRep:
    Yep! I cannot wait. I have to get through my A-levels first though:tongue: I wish that I could just start my degree now :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    No, but I'm sure there are already plenty of threads in various University and course subforums about how people excited are about going in 2010; this thread I believe was intended to tackle the separate issue of those going in 2011 already being excited.
    Lool thank you
    *high five*

ReputationRep:
    im in year 13. i HATED year 12 because of how far away uni was and now its coming up in september ahhh!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yup guys.. can't wait for the freedom.. and everyone who said they are sad for writing lists I got mine already..
    I am being realistic and aiming for places like Surrey...
    But yeah have to get through this year first.. these January exams were a huge wake up call for me.. they were not difficult, and I did revise, but I dunno first bits of exams I panic. aka looking at all of the questions, and being random and starting with a question in the middle..
    BUT YEAH.. WOOP WOOP UNI 2011 Cant wait

ReputationRep:
    I'm so excited. I cannot wait to start looking around and things.

The prospect of not going to university is enough to scare me into revising.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikita_atikin)
    I'm super excited! I am so sad, I even made a list of all of the ones I want to go to and I know what one I want to aim for. Kind of helps with studying as a motivational thing :woo:
    fancy seeing you here. first though omg a chandler sig, i love chandler. then i was like wait. . kesh has chandler!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MewMachine)
    That bit is definitely not fun. But the rest definitely is
    i quite enjoyed doing mine, it was the first bit of essay-type writing i'd done in ages

ReputationRep:
    i'm really excited, but i'm also scared incase i don't get my grades or something.

I'm thinking about studying in new zealand or australia!

ReputationRep:
    I know I'm year 13 but I wanted to join in
    My mum goes to my today "I can't believe you're going to university this september"
    ...And instead of correcting her because Imperial starts in October I started hyperventilating.
    I'm so excited it's unbeliveable.

My advice to year 12s would be start looking at unis now. Even if you don't know what you wanna do yet. I ordered my first prospectus in like january.
    Oh and even if you aren't applying to Oxbridge send it off as early as possible. It's like a major load off your chest once it's gone.
    Good luck guys!

ReputationRep:
    I cannot wait to attend the open days :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    I will be more excited once I find myself a good university with the right course for me!!!

I can't wait to get out of 6th form!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not even sure if there is a university that offers a Law and English Literature degree :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    Lol as started of the thread
    YEAR 13'S CAN COMMENT.. lol

ReputationRep:
    Well if i'm being honest i'm not excited any longer
    I've always wanted to go to Imperial (my main motivation to do amazing)
    but after my chemistry exam today i know i might defo have to retake
    which decreases my chances of getting in there !
    So yea thinking about uni atm is just :thumbsdown:

ReputationRep:
    Year 12s suck. Im at uni already.

ReputationRep:
    I am. Very.
    But also worried about getting the grades for it!

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.