Turn on thread page Beta

The only way to defeat radical Islam is Islam itself. watch

ReputationRep:
    As the said title says, no matter how much the EDL may protest the Muslim community still remains generally silent.

They then complain that they are sick of being discriminated aganist - if they took the initative to prove that they are with us, then this entire problem could be wiped out.

Radical Islam is NOT viewed as a lunatic fringe of the muslim community, because we hear of so FEW of them actively campaigining against the radical section.

Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    if they took the initative to prove that they are with us, then this entire problem could be wiped out.
    ..... there are times when complex formulations of disgust and outrage is inferior to a simple thought: what a horrible thing your statement was

ReputationRep:
    The world is going to keep sucking until people stop believing in fairy-tales.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tldr22)
    As the said title says, no matter how much the EDL may protest the Muslim community still remains generally silent.

They then complain that they are sick of being discriminated aganist - if they took the initative to prove that they are with us, then this entire problem could be wiped out.

Radical Islam is NOT viewed as a lunatic fringe of the muslim community, because we hear of so FEW of them actively campaigining against the radical section.

Thoughts?
    If i were muslim i would be very very insulted by that statement. You talk as if you know every single muslim out there. Get a life and stop dreaming.

ReputationRep:
    i agree not enough is done to distance itself from terrorism.
    aka BNP get lots of **** from british people, yet some nutcase tries to blow himself up and its all gone quite over there.

ReputationRep:
    how many none-white people do you think would be welcome at EDL protests or meetings? The vast majority of muslims oppose radical islam, how do you want them to show support? Protesting against it?

ReputationRep:
    Just about every mainstream religion has extremism, the difference is that Islamic fundamentalists aren't afraid to be open about their views and impose it on society.

The way to defeat them is to get to a point where they'll be terrified of being annihilated if they carry on. For example the KKK was thriving in the 50's/60's, and now they're almost unheard of because they are oppressed...not because they don't exist. We need to reach the same stage with Islamic extremists.

They'll always exist, we just need to keep them down. Things like freedom of speech and all that rights bullcrap for the extremists is nonsense, I'm glad that Islam4UK group is being banned now. It's ridiculous to have allowed such groups to exist in the first place.

I despise people who come to Britain and then have the audacity to criticise it and point out all the flaws and have a problem with western culture. That's just like wtf :confused: you come to Britain and have a problem with western culture? That's like me going to china and complaining about the chinese culture. I would have thought, if it's so bad...why come here? why not just go back to the Islamic havens? but yeah it's just unfortunate that they ruin things for the muslims that are true Brits :yep:

ReputationRep:

Thoughts?

I'd agree with you. There was an uproar from British people against the BNP after they won two seats at the Euro Parliment, as they are considered by most people to be British 'extremists'. But barely a peep from the muslim community after a group which practically all muslims are supposedly against plans a hateful march.

ReputationRep:
    There was a moderate islamic group that was opposed to Islam4UK going to march for Sharia for UK. I remember this group had posters of muslims waving British flags and muslim lady was wearing a headscarf with union jack colours on them. There was also a facebook group that was created and got a positive response from the muslim community. Just one of many cases where moderate muslims have stood up to these extremists. But stories don't make the headlines, people much rather hear the negative side and give the extremists the attention they want.

ReputationRep:

Thoughts?
    I don't really understand your post. You're saying that non-extremist Muslims are complaining they are sick of being discriminated against and that they should prove they are against extremism by proving they're with you? :\
    And that extremist isn't viewed as a "lunatic fringe" to Muslims as only few Muslims campaign against it?
    Did I get it?

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely true.
    The solution to this problem has to come from within the Muslim community. As ajtiesto mentioned, there are some brave groups out there protesting against the extremists, and calling for re-form to fit in with Western society, e.g:

http://www.reformislam.org/

And these groups need all the support we can give as they are the solution, yet often the first ones to suffer abuse from Islamist groups themselves, for somehow "betraying" their faith.
    However, the government is for some reason more concerned with courting radical Islamists that stop short at advocating violence, somehow thinking it's going to win over young hot-headed potential radicals....:confused:

ReputationRep:

Thoughts?
    I don't have to prove anything to anyone. :rolleyes:

I think OP has found the way to solve terrorism. Why didn't Obama or Brown think of this.. :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajtiesto)
    There was a moderate islamic group that was opposed to Islam4UK going to march for Sharia for UK. I remember this group had posters of muslims waving British flags and muslim lady was wearing a headscarf with union jack colours on them. There was also a facebook group that was created and got a positive response from the muslim community. Just one of many cases where moderate muslims have stood up to these extremists. But stories don't make the headlines, people much rather hear the negative side and give the extremists the attention they want.
    THIS!

Muslims do oppose alot but that don't sell papers or make the headlines..
    So it goes ignored by the media..
    and dumb ignorant idiots think all muslims agree with it.

ReputationRep:
    who says we should defeat radical Islam?

ReputationRep:

Thoughts?

Show any proof please. Just because you haven't heard or read it doesn't mean moderate muslims are not taking action.
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...rotestors.html

MUSLIM extremists who staged a sick protest against Our Boys in a homecoming parade were driven off the streets today - by their OWN community.

Fights broke out and traffic ground to a halt when moderates confronted a group of around 12 men who regularly preach from a stall in the heart of Luton's muslim community.

After Friday prayers two to three hundred members of local mosques turned on the group who had caused outrage on March 10 this year.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0cXqkPJQD

Are you Christian by any chance?
    Did you protest about this?
    If not, then take 'the initative to prove that- YOU -are with us'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...mily-home.html

A village vicar and his family told yesterday how they have been forced out of their home through a campaign of ‘intimidation’ from ‘toxic’ parishioners.

The Reverend Mark Sharpe revealed how his pet dog was poisoned, animal excrement was smeared on his car, his car tyres were slashed and home phone lines cut.

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g_star_raw_1989)
    Why didn't Obama or Brown think of this.. :O
    do you really need an answer to this?:awesome:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.