Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, sorry I honestly didn't know where to put this one.

Okay, so it's the folks 35th wedding anniv next week, and I have no idea what to buy them. I usually am stuffed for gift ideas on their birthdays let alone anniv.!!!
    I googled and found Coral/Jade... however I was hoping to get one whole thing that would be nice for both of them, but I am stuffed for ideas.
    I will be buying this with my brother so I'm not sure on the budget sorry.
    Anyone got any ideas?

Did you give anniv gifts?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Considering they are your parents then yes a gift would be nice from you.

Start simple - bouquet of their favourite flowers, or one each. Favourite chocolates to go with. Was there anything they got for Christmas that needs accessories or things that can go with gifts or items they already own.

Collection of photographs, dig out some old ones if you know where they are and make a scrapbook or album - find a photo for every year or five years they have been together.

Pay for a photo shoot or British weekend away for them both (budget dependent obviously).

They are your parents so you know they best, would something traditional be best for them or something fun and different?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't buy presents for my parents anniversary when they were together.

But anyways:
    ~ A photoframe with a picture of the family in
    ~ A bottle of their favourite wine, and a fancy corkscrew
    ~ A dvd boxset of their favourite sitcom, tv series, etc
    ~ Pay for a meal out for them (either with or without you and your brother)
    ~ Something practical for around the house (such as a new vase, table mats or a new coffee table) - I did this for xmas when my dad moved in with his girlfriend, they were pleased as they just got a new house, and I did have a massive amount to spend
    ~ Gym membership (obv depending on budget and if they like the gym)
    ~ Champagne glasses, along with a bottle of champagne
    ~ Have a look in card shops, they sometimes have little anniversary gifts

ReputationRep:
    Have a calendar made with great family photos from their 35 years of marraige.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.