Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheonixx)
    I went through something similar

My mum and dad split up when I was 8.
    I saw my 10 and 6 year old sisters for the first time about 2 months ago.

My sister still hates my dad and won't have anything to do with him or his new family. I decided to restart the relationship for the sake of my little sisters. <-- thats that I did in your situation.

Try being friendly to your dads GF, the woman that ruined most of mine and my full sisters childhood. I've never felt so two faced in all my life (that was just not yelling at her ect but biting my tongue instead, I'm not friendly towards her) I told myself it was to see m sisters. My sister would jump on her if she saw her.

there is no way im talking to him again, let alone his wife. im not even bothered about them to be honest.

im now thinking of waiting a few years until the kids are a bit older to understand this whole situation.. and maybe letting them decide what they want..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marvin211)
    there is no way im talking to him again, let alone his wife. im not even bothered about them to be honest.

im now thinking of waiting a few years until the kids are a bit older to understand this whole situation.. and maybe letting them decide what they want..
    My dad his whateversheis wouldn't have let me see the sisters without starting something with them as well. If you wait you run the risk of either your dad never telling them about you or him *****ing and painting a negative image of you; that's what my dads done about my sister( the second one). Either way it would make getting to know them when they're old enough to form opinions (influenced by their parents) very hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _lauren)
    this really bugs me, they are his real brothers and sisters :\ i have a half sister and another on the way, but they're my sisters. i suppose it is easier if you know them from the beginning though :\.

OP- do what you think is going to make you happy. If you don't get in touch with them now- you could always do it at a later date, maybe then your dad wouldn't need to be involved?
    It's up to the person if they are their real brother or sister. My dad left and supposedly had another child, but I have absolutely no interest in him or the sprog. To me, neither of them are family.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.