Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone done this or intending doing it this year?

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying!

ReputationRep:
    Have you applied yet?
    and what you going on to study?

ReputationRep:
    oooh yes im applying just, but im struggling on what to write on my personal statement bit any advice ?

ReputationRep:
    haha thats what Im struggling with I'm still working on my ucas one!
    I'm just going to put roughly the same i think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twilight88)
    haha thats what Im struggling with I'm still working on my ucas one!
    I'm just going to put roughly the same i think?
    yeh i mean i have literely copy and pasted stuff from my ucas one haha

ReputationRep:
    good to see another twilight fan as well
    what courses you putting down for summer school? ive putting maths, computing, the preparation one and not sure about my last one yet

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I sent my application off today. I hadn't mentioned it on here because I didn't want everyone to know about it (not a lot of people do I've realised) and make it ultra competitive!

I called up to ask about the statement and they asked me to just use my UCAS one

ReputationRep:
    good to see another twilight fan as well
    what courses you putting down for summer school? ive putting maths, computing, the preparation one and not sure about my last one yet
    Oh yay i didnt notice you were a twilight fan too haha its brilliant.
    well ive put maths, chemisty, biology and the preparation one, what you doing after summer school ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaaavya)
    Hi, I sent my application off today. I hadn't mentioned it on here because I didn't want everyone to know about it (not a lot of people do I've realised) and make it ultra competitive!

I called up to ask about the statement and they asked me to just use my UCAS one
    ohh thats really good so do you have to say anything about summer school into the statement or is it just the exact same one you sent to UCAS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twihard!)
    Oh yay i didnt notice you were a twilight fan too haha its brilliant.
    well ive put maths, chemisty, biology and the preparation one, what you doing after summer school ?

im applying for computing for graphics and animation at rgu

how about you?

ReputationRep:
    im applying for computing for graphics and animation at rgu

how about you?
    aww cool, im applying for psychology at aberdeen uni and herriot watt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twihard!)
    ohh thats really good so do you have to say anything about summer school into the statement or is it just the exact same one you sent to UCAS?
    It's exactly the same as UCAS but I've included 1 paragraph about why I want to go to Aberdeen.

I've applied for English, Social Sciences and History. I don't think I'll get in though because I think the places are reserved for sob stories which I, unfortunately don't have It's to widen participation for students who have family circumstances which mean they are unable to attend university. I hope I do get it though. Actually, I hope they let me in before hand.

If I'm in I'll see you there

ReputationRep:
    It's exactly the same as UCAS but I've included 1 paragraph about why I want to go to Aberdeen.

I've applied for English, Social Sciences and History. I don't think I'll get in though because I think the places are reserved for sob stories which I, unfortunately don't have It's to widen participation for students who have family circumstances which mean they are unable to attend university. I hope I do get it though. Actually, I hope they let me in before hand.

i think thats rubbish about being saved for sob stories
    I dont have a sob story, ive just been working full time since I left school, and that was through choice
    I know many people who did the same, or dropped out of college
    I doubt that from the 200 people who get in their only going to take people with sob stories

ReputationRep:

oh god i hope its not for folk with sob stories cause mines isnt a sob story i just didnt know i needed these subjects until a lecturer at the uni told me ahh :L

im doing chemistry math biology.

yep cya there (Y) hopefully xx

ReputationRep:
    It's for people that need it, period.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zedd)
    It's for people that need it, period.

yup ill be 22 when uni starts i just didnt stay on at school after standard grades and got a job
    so no sob story here

ReputationRep:
    well i have a little bit of a problem im going to a wedding on the 21st in majorca so i wont be back until the 24th i hope they dont mind....

ReputationRep:
    heya im hoping to get into summer school this year, i am going to be studying Biology philosophy and Social science in summer school. Then i want to go on to do Psychology, anthropology, and philosophy at aberdeen university. i just got my interview date. anyone know anything about what they will ask in the interrview? anyone else got there interview?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GarryF)
    heya im hoping to get into summer school this year, i am going to be studying Biology philosophy and Social science in summer school. Then i want to go on to do Psychology, anthropology, and philosophy at aberdeen university. i just got my interview date. anyone know anything about what they will ask in the interrview? anyone else got there interview?!
    Hey, I spoke to a girl who went last year, she said at her interview they just asked her about herself and why she wanted to go - you know, like personal statement sort of stuff. I wouldn't stress about it. It's weird though, I got a letter from Aberdeen this morning offering me a place on the summer school without interview - it just asked me to reply with an answer as soon as possible. Did you accept your place then get an interview, or did they ask you for one after you sent back a reply? I'm just wondering if they made a mistake with me, thats all. I don't know if it's different for everyone or not, though. Sorry I couldn't be more help! And did anyone else get accepted without interview?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.