Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

5th backup choice - help watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snoodle)
    aaah ok i see!!!

but isn't chemistry hard at degree level?? I mean I don't know if I'll be able to cope with it. lol
    well if your going to be able to cope with medicine then you will be able to cope with chemistry, the work load will not be more.. - I have no idea wether uni chemistry is 'hard', you'd have to ask someone else who deos it, but bear in mind hard = respected, and a respected degree will help you get into Grad entry med, which is an extremly competitive field

the only reason I suggested it was that I think it is a back door to good unis when you have a PS which is irrelevant to the subject (ie your medicine ps)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ballerinabetty)
    like i said it is not impossible. it is not a bad idea just needs alot of though. i have though about clinical sci at bradford alot and i know personally i would apply but would not use it as a backup.

hope you work something out soon. ucas deadline has been postponed so you got a bit more time
    has it?? where does it say that?? If that's really true I would be soooo happy

I really don't know.... I hate this feeling. being soo lost

(Original post by Sambo2)
    well if your going to be able to cope with medicine then you will be able to cope with chemistry, the work load will not be more.. - I have no idea wether uni chemistry is 'hard', you'd have to ask someone else who deos it, but bear in mind hard = respected, and a respected degree will help you get into Grad entry med, which is an extremly competitive field

the only reason I suggested it was that I think it is a back door to good unis when you have a PS which is irrelevant to the subject (ie your medicine ps)
    Ok I see, I have a friend doing Chemistry at St. Andrews so I can ask him

and yep I do see your point, thanks for that! i really appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    ucas deadline extention
    http://www.ucas.com/students/importantdates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snoodle)
    has it?? where does it say that?? If that's really true I would be soooo happy

I really don't know.... I hate this feeling. being soo lost

Ok I see, I have a friend doing Chemistry at St. Andrews so I can ask him

and yep I do see your point, thanks for that! i really appreciate it
    anyway you won't need all that hopefully - best of luck with the med app, you look good on paper

ReputationRep:

The difficulty in medicine though really is just time management, the chemists I know I fully agree don't have to spend as much time working, but the stuff they do conceptually is a great deal harder.

Speaking of time management I should start revising for the MCQ paper, I've slept for the best part of two days after the SAQs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ballerinabetty)
    ucas deadline extention
    http://www.ucas.com/students/importantdates

YES YES YES!!!! Thank you :woo:

anyway you won't need all that hopefully - best of luck with the med app, you look good on paper

That's the trouble. so does pretty much everyone that applies for medicine!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.