Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham22)
    should have thought of all that before you applied for a degree in Games or whatever and at Leicester uni.

kthnxbi.
    This is the most pointless and unhelpful post ever.

OP: If you're not happy with your university experience, then don't force yourself to bare with it for the sake of not wanting to disappoint your family (they shouldn't even come into the equation)

ReputationRep:
    You want to study English? You use the american spelling of centre for christ sake!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I felt the same about my course from the very first week, but I stuck it out (following bad advice from people who couldn't be bothered with the upheaval involved in a potential change of course and University).

My best friend on the other hand, followed his instinct and left his course after two weeks. He's now very happy in the first year of a course he loves.
    He took a year out, saved money to travel and really gave some thought about what he wanted to do with his life.

I'm now in the second year of a course I hate. I'm trying to leave and start afresh, but it turns out that leaving in your second year puts you in a very difficult situation with student finance. If I had followed my instinct and not worried about my family's reaction, I might already be where I want to be.

However it now looks like I can't ever do the course I want to do, unless I come up with the funds myself.

Staying on and 'sticking it out' is one of the worst decisions I have ever made, so my advice is RUN AWAY!

Get out in your first year. Find something better.

Good Luck.

(Original post by ClassicAlan)

Any advice would be great!
    Absolutely no harm in changing courses/universities. Take a year out and re-apply next year.

Don't stick at the course just because you want to "stick it out". Use your own brain and imagination and take control of your life.

ReputationRep:
    Drop out and take a gap year seeing as you seem to have problems with not only your course but your friends and university.. Drop out, get a job and reapply.

ReputationRep:
    if you're really unhappy, then drop out and reapply. there's nothing compelling you to stay on the course.

ReputationRep:
    Take every chance in life you can, dont regret a thing, if your not happy , change course.

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.