The Student Room Group

Is it dirty if you go to the gym and don't shower?

I joined the gym, yipeee!! lol. Only thing, they have showers but the shower door is like clear with the middle having grey gritty thing on it..Which is nice i suppose, but i'm so scared to go and shower and have other women be looking at me. I only live like 10 mins on bus from the gym, so would it be better to just wash at home or should i just be brave and shower at the gym?

What do you guys do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Swimming costume?!
I always shower at home, I live about fifteen minutes' walk away from my gym. Don't see any point in taking loads of clothes, shower gel etc. to the gym when I can just come home.
Reply 4
Not a huge deal tbh if you can deal with the people on the bus staring at you and sitting as far away as possible from you :mmm:
Reply 5
My gyms like that. Well its a health club rather than a gym, and we all know eachother.

Just go for it, its odd at first, but everyone will walk around naked, so it stops being strange.

Gym, then naked pool, sauna, and shower - its lush :smile:
Reply 6
Yeh, just go home (5mins away) that's what I do :dontknow:
Reply 7
I just go home, you're not going to smell for about 30 minutes after your workout so don't worry too much.
Well you can shower at home if you want.....but bring some deodorant with you so you don't cause any deaths on the bus.
swimming stuff?

But no, your fine on the bus, :smile:
Reply 10
I never shower at the gym. 10 minute walk from my house. It takes like 10 minutes to undress and get in the shower and then change back etc. SO i always go home and shower
Depends. If you smell like **** I advise you take a shower there and then.
Reply 12
Sequin
My gyms like that. Well its a health club rather than a gym, and we all know eachother.

Just go for it, its odd at first, but everyone will walk around naked, so it stops being strange.

Gym, then naked pool, sauna, and shower - its lush :smile:

And I thought it was fluff off my socks that went in my mouth under the water....turns out it was your pube.
you could just wear a swimsuit or bikini or just underwear or just go home and have a shower which will save you having to carry shampoo, conditioner, shower gels etc etc or just go for it, doubt anyone are going to purposely look through to see you
Reply 14
10 minutes should be fine.
If you shower too late you'll get back acne. My mate has it and even thought she's on treatment she has scars on that back! NOT NICE.
Reply 15
Nico_SU
And I thought it was fluff off my socks that went in my mouth under the water....turns out it was your pube.

Dont be sick.
Single sex pool. Private club.
Why would a tiny layer of bikini hold in pubes anyway :s-smilie:

Besides.. I wax :awesome:
Reply 16
Never been to the gym, but shower at home, just make sure you take deodorant. That makes much more sense - less to carry as well. Also, if you're worried about people on the bus staring at you, walk home :smile: More exercise, and it can't take that long - 10 minutes by bus would presumably take a maximum of half an hour or so walking, less if it's 10 minutes in traffic.
I live about a 15-20 minute drive from my gym and I shower at home. Yes, if I lived closer to my gym and not down a dual carriageway, I would walk!
I don't see anything wrong with waiting till you get home, as long as you make the effort to get home asap and just make sure there are no offensive smells!
Reply 19
Sequin
Dont be sick.
Single sex pool. Private club.
Why would a tiny layer of bikini hold in pubes anyway :s-smilie:

Besides.. I wax :awesome:

Your not being serious, are you?

Latest