Turn on thread page Beta

Is it dirty if you go to the gym and don't shower? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sequin)
    I'll put in a good word
    Where is it? I know a gym under the same management at mine used to have naturalist swims. I felt sorry for their lifeguards as it was basically a gay swim

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stevo_Mc)
    Where is it? I know a gym under the same management at mine used to have naturalist swims. I felt sorry for their lifeguards as it was basically a gay swim
    Its in Bowlee, Manchester

ReputationRep:
    Its in Bowlee, Manchester
    Not lancashire health and racquet club is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stevo_Mc)
    Not lancashire health and racquet club is it?
    Yes it is actually, though I don't go very often, Do they even do the nude swims anymore

I used to go to one in Leicester that was nudey all the time

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is actually, though I don't go very often, Do they even do the nude swims anymore

I used to go to one in Leicester that was nudey all the time
    I dnno, theres nothing to say they cant, usually clubs have a problem with getting lifeguards to oversee such activities, but as far as i'm aware they tweak some rules to allow them not to have a lifeguard, so theres no reason for them not to still have it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misstalkalot)
    I joined the gym, yipeee!! lol. Only thing, they have showers but the shower door is like clear with the middle having grey gritty thing on it..Which is nice i suppose, but i'm so scared to go and shower and have other women be looking at me. I only live like 10 mins on bus from the gym, so would it be better to just wash at home or should i just be brave and shower at the gym?

What do you guys do?
    Not everyone showers in the gym. The people who do however are used to seeing other people and they really don't care about the nudeness or look at you.

If it's a big deal just go in the pool or something. You'll look showered too.

ReputationRep:
    It's no problem at all to go home if it's a short distance like that.

ReputationRep:
    I do, but then my house doesn't have a shower. I relish the oppertunity to wash underneath the magical water spout.

You mean all showers aren't grotty and badly maintained? I've been so naive.

ReputationRep:
    Don't have a shower in the gym. Its gay. Do it at home.

ReputationRep:
    Looool If ANYONE trains hard , you know that showering after sweating alot is extremely retarded
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Just shower at the gym like everyone else. No one's looking at your muff.

ReputationRep:
    You really think people are going to be looking at you? Get over yourself.

ReputationRep:
    See, at the gym I'm about to join the showers are essentially no existent (I think they're there, but don't remember seeing any when I used to go). I plan on using DriClor and wetwipes (it's a school gym, so will have to go without a shower until the end of the day. :cry2:)

They don't even have proper changing rooms during school hours. Why am I joining again? So, yeah 10 minutes will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    I shower after workout, doesn't take much effort.

Communal shower also. Oh no someone might actually passively glance and see your chebs in the corner of their eyes, not the end of the world.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, no one is going to look at you, I wouldn't worry.

ReputationRep:
    i shower at the gym, the cubicles are pretty clear there too. to be honest women are NOT going to look at you. no one really gives a ***t at in the changing rooms. im sure the other women strip in front of you! it really doesnt matter, women and girls have similar body parts, they can look at their own in the mirror lol so dont be too self conscious! seeing as ur only 10 min walk from ur gym anyway its fine u go home and have a shower, but the reason should be coz u want to not coz ur embarassed to shower at the gym!!

My gyms like that. Well its a health club rather than a gym, and we all know eachother.
    Bet you do. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilwaynefan)
    Looool If ANYONE trains hard , you know that showering after sweating alot is extremely retarded
    Why? =]

Also to those saying 'get over yourself' and that people won't be looking at them, it is understandable for someone to be self conscious. They are not necessarily saying they are worried that people will perve due to their hotness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moogle301)
    Why? =]

Also to those saying 'get over yourself' and that people won't be looking at them, it is understandable for someone to be self conscious. They are not necessarily saying they are worried that people will perve due to their hotness.
    Lol you just resurrected a 7 month old thread. About showering after workout, I think its something about your skin pores being open or something.

ReputationRep:
    I apply deodrant generously, brave the 10 minute bus journey and shower at home.

Communal showers = massive no. :nope:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 29, 2010
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.