Turn on thread page Beta

Is it easy to change flight dates? I think I am screwed!! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I had booked flights to go abroad for like, 15 days right at the end of March until 14th April. However, a day after I booked them, I got offered a full time job where I now work. I am going to obviously request some holiday time off, but my contract doesn't allow more than two weeks unless exceptional circumstances, plus because it is a retail job, they obviously won't like people taking that much time off.

Ideally, I want to change my return flight to at least 4 days earlier, so I am only away for 10 days.

With over two months until I go, is this do-able?

It makes it worse that the tax year (when new holiday leave starts) begins April 1st...

What am I going to do?

I booked my flights online with a retailer, not directly with the airline, if this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Um, i know the procedure with BA because i've had to do it a few times. I hope this helps:

You have to pay a £90 fee for changing the flight details then you pay the difference between the ticket you purchased and the ticket for the new dates.

So say I paid £100 for a ticket I booked last week for the 1st Feb and needed to change it to the 10th Feb, the prices for the new date will probably have gone up by now to about £150. So therefore I'd have to pay the £90 initial fee then the £50 pound difference, total £140.

It's expensive but as you've got two months to go you *should* be ok. Doing it with a retailer might make it easier, call them tomorrow asap and explain the problem to them.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    There is a fee for changing the flights. It's quite pricey as well. Best giving them a ring or checking online for their policies etc. My dads done it a few times, and all he did was pay a fee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ernesto)
    Hi! I had booked flights to go abroad for like, 15 days right at the end of March until 14th April. However, a day after I booked them, I got offered a full time job where I now work. I am going to obviously request some holiday time off, but my contract doesn't allow more than two weeks unless exceptional circumstances, plus because it is a retail job, they obviously won't like people taking that much time off.

Ideally, I want to change my return flight to at least 4 days earlier, so I am only away for 10 days.

With over two months until I go, is this do-able?

It makes it worse that the tax year (when new holiday leave starts) begins April 1st...

What am I going to do?

I booked my flights online with a retailer, not directly with the airline, if this helps.
    You only need to use 10 or 11 days or your holiday time as the rest are weekends - surely thats what the 2 weeks is about? Or do you mean you cant take 10 days of paid time and 4 days of personal time off in a row?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie1987)
    You only need to use 10 or 11 days or your holiday time as the rest are weekends - surely thats what the 2 weeks is about? Or do you mean you cant take 10 days of paid time and 4 days of personal time off in a row?
    I'm not sure. The GAP handbook just says it's not allowed for associates to take two weeks or more holiday time. I work Saturdays as part of my contract, so the weekend thing doesn't apply.

I am willing to pay the fee to change the flights, just not toooo much i.e. over 100 pounds. Like I said, it's two months until I go...

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.