The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Depends on the uni. My halls at Cardiff had gap year people on the 2nd floors, Welsh speakers on the 1st floors, people straight from college on the ground floors. International people seemed to get put together as well.
edit: they also seemed to put people doing the same subject together which was quite annoying because by the time the course started lots of people had already formed little groups.
Sovay
At my uni I think they just randomly group people together, I ended up living with 3 girls who were doing languages even though I asked for a mixed sex flat :shrug: But you can always move though if you don't get on with your flatmates, I did!

Also becareful you don't get put with physcho flatmates either, the girl I lived with in the first flat had a few 'issues' shall we say and wasn't the nicest person in the world :P and the next flat I moved into one of the girls had OCD so went crazy with histrionic hissy fits every five minutes.

Ha. The halls I lived in a girl attacked our front door at 2am with a metal pole thinking we had locked her out she of course lived in another flat :woo:
Reply 22
hellohello.
Ha. The halls I lived in a girl attacked our front door at 2am with a metal pole thinking we had locked her out she of course lived in another flat :woo:

That's funny, but you must have been absolutely mortified. :eek: LOL
Adeline_B
That's funny, but you must have been absolutely mortified. :eek: LOL

Lol at first I was then I thought ok I will deal with it as they were nice enough at first. Then two of them became absolute dirty physco's who made a mess of the kitchen and tried to get in my room banging on my door every night. These two eventually got chucked out and things became calmer :woo:
My uni - York - tries to get an even mix of degree subjects in each flat, apparently. It seemed to work. Also, the majority of people in my flat are gap year/second year/third year/international/mature students, but that might be because we're a designated 'quiet block'...

Latest

Trending

Trending