The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Here, summer resits, if you fail those you are out unless you have a damn good reason.
Reply 21
Kaykiie
Hey I took the time to read the thing :p:

That's what it's there for :wink:

PS i've added in all the apostrophes. good grammer and all that...........
Kaykiie
"You ask for patient medication from Dr Patel"

Off of is very American.

francesca_20
I don't know if they've changed it, but 3 years ago at Bristol, you took your first year exams beginning of summer term and if you didn't pass, you got to take resits in the summer. If you failed the resits, I guess they'd kick you out, but that's the same with most subjects.

This is what I wanted to hear. Thanks everyone for the responses.
Reply 24
Phalanges
How ironic that you correct someone on Americanisations - the cartoon in your sig says "smartasses" where the english variant is "smartarses".

Well really its not ironic because I didn't write it out myself did I? I can't change the comic, so really you have no point.
Kaykiie
Well really its not ironic because I didn't write it out myself did I? I can't change the comic, so really you have no point.

You can't change the comic, yet you expect another guy to change song lyrics? That's not the own guy's work either, yet you still felt the need to pick him up on it.
Reply 26
Phalanges
You can't change the comic, yet you expect another guy to change song lyrics? That's not the own guy's work either, yet you still felt the need to pick him up on it.

To be honest I didn't know they were song lyrics, I thought that he had written it himself.

You seem like an english lover with a superiority complex over those who don't write as properly as you. It's not becoming.

Yes I'm an English lover, I wouldn't have taken the degree otherwise. I don't have a superiority complex over those who don't "write as properly as me" either. I get things wrong a lot. I just don't go loco when someone corrects me.

Thanks for the neg though, you obviously care that much.
Kaykiie

Yes I'm an English lover, I wouldn't have taken the degree otherwise. I don't have a superiority complex over those who don't "write as properly as me" either. I get things wrong a lot. I just don't go loco when someone corrects me.

Thanks for the neg though, you obviously care that much.

To be fair, grammar nazis are really annoying :smile: Its an internet forum, not an english lesson/lecture.
Reply 28
gingergooner
To be fair, grammar nazis are really annoying :smile: Its an internet forum, not an english lesson/lecture.

I know they're annoying but I didn't correct his grammar, I commented on an americanism.

I do like that other things can be picked up and commented on, but when it comes to English people get very touchy.

Christ even the person I quoted didn't care that much, and I wasn't even being mean, my next comment was light hearted.

However TSR MEMBER + SOAP BOX = lynching.
Reply 29
gingergooner

Sorry for the rant :s-smilie:

I'm p!ssed at an assignments feedback - taking it out on other people :s-smilie:

Apologies
Kaykiie
Sorry for the rant :s-smilie:

I'm p!ssed at an assignments feedback - taking it out on other people :s-smilie:

Apologies

lol its cool, but maybe TSR isn't the best thing to let out stress. I think the only thing that annoys me about people picking up on grammar or how someone talks is how anal it is, but to be fair we are all probably like that about something.