Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm wondering if anyone can help me get out of my dead end?

I chose the topic :The city for my current A-level art piece .. I looked at things like : Photography: Vogue- David Baily etc, Lenore Tawney (Mail art)

I'm very photography orientated and I'm stuck for ideas on how to manipulate photos with mixed media, so that it's more Arty and less photographical...

I've done some stuff with silhouettes of windows, lights at night in the street (in and out of focus)

Any ideas, SO GREATFUL!

ReputationRep:
    what if you paint and scratch into your photos?

ReputationRep:
    I did an experimental portfolio as part of my photography AS - rip, burn, bleach, dye, scratch and do anything creative that comes to mind with your photos. Try cutting them up and piecing them together in different ways to make interesting juxtapositions, try some photomontage - look at david hockneys work, and some hannah hock

ReputationRep:
    You could try an etching, its where you scratch into your photograph then apply ink to it and press it against a piece of paper. If you ask your teacher they should know what I'm on about.
    We also did some work based on Hughie O'Donoghue were we used a photograph and painted on it and around it and glued on different materials.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 17, 2010
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.